iPhone vs HTC Thunderbolt vs. Droid Bionic
khill003

So i'm up for an upgrad and I can't decide if I should go ahead and get the iPhone or wait for the thunderbolt or the bionic? Which phone do you think is better?

0 Likes
Re: iPhone vs HTC Thunderbolt vs. Droid Bionic
nanna24
Contributor - Level 2

The iPhone is available now.  Go to the store and play around with one.  See if you like it.  No one here can tell you what you like.  Keep in mind, that the iPhone has certain requirements for syncing to a computer.  Activation and syncing requires iTunes.  The latest version of iTunes has to be installed.  Also, iTunes has its own set of requirements as far as computer operating system versions are concerned.  The iPhone is a great phone but it isn't for everybody.

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
LG revolution hands down :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Jade1095

Im going to give you MY opinion. I received the iPhone and returned it after 10 days. It was exciting to get my hands on it but the excitement weared off and i started to get bored of it. There are many issues with iOS and the iPhone, not realy issues rather things that some people find inconvenient. For example the terrible notification system apple built....the lack of LED light, the terrible email....its great at the extras like apps and browser, but the things that a phone must do, apple makes those things secondary which is not smart. The iPhone is a cool device but is not reliable when you need to use it as a phone. 

If you like android i would definetly go for the droid bionic, i wouldnt go for the thunderbolt because we dont know how much the rates are so you dont want to be surprised with an enormous data charge monthly, wait until verizon releases their 3rd 4g device (bionic) and then jump on it....Bionic is also from motorola and they have very reliable hardware and software. The bionic is the next generation of the droid, droid 2, and droid X. 

I dont suggest the iPhone, its old and i made a mistake by buying into the hype. Go for the bionic thats what im probably gonna do.

0 Likes
adidasboy420
Enthusiast - Level 3
Droids Are lame go with the Iphone
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Thunderbolt. Bionic is fine if you want to wait until July. Thunderbolt will be available very soon. 4g capable, Skype integrated (not an app), 728 RAM, 8 gigs internal memory and preloaded with 32 gig micro sd, and the new sense UI (which is better than moto's blur, in my opinion). Oh yeah.....hot spot to up to 8 devices if you want that feature as well. Bionic will be dual core so it will be a bit faster processing, but you can YouTube the thunderbolt videos. It has an updated snapdragon processor and is faster than the EVO, which has been the best device for the past 8 months.
0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

You forgot to mention 2 hours of battery life. 

iPhone all the way! Best iOS ever :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
The iPhone has a better battery, but I see just as many people on this forum struggling to get through a day with the iPhone, as I see on the Android forums. If you're a very heavy user of any device then your phone will be dead before the end of the day. And if you're not a very heavy user and learn how to conserve the battery, then you'll get a full day off a full charge with any device. But yeah....if the battery is more important than capabilities to you, the iphone is for you. Also, if you like itunes and are cool with having to use it for everything, then the iPhone is a better option. If you have an ipod, you may find the iPhone much easier to sync and use.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Thunderbolt is also bulkier due to the larger screen so if you prefer a smaller phone then you may not like it.
0 Likes
Re: iPhone vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs.. Droid Bionic
Sshat

I have to manage close to 100 cell phones in the IT department where I work and so far I prefer the Iphone out of all of them. The main thing is it just works and does not crash. Once and a great while I will have to show someone how to reboot but unlike some of the windows mobile and android phones that seem to need rebooting every day. We have no Win 7 phones so I can not compare them yet though. If you like to customize your phone with different themes and interfaces than go android but if you want a phone that looks nice and works like advertised than go Iphone. If you are on a corporate E-Mail I would also go Iphone. I have had nothing but issues with users trying to figure out their E-mail with newer droid phones and it does not pull in AD address list like the Iphone does and the corporate calendar works a lot better with the Iphone.

The app market with android is so fragmented right now and there are so many garbage apps to sift through. People complain they can not find what they are looking for and word is it even hard to find google own apps in it right now. There are still some bad apps in the IOS market but you will not find apps in it that will crash your phone.

0 Likes