htc incredible 2 battery or internal issues? and what can i do about it
scast1990

so this is going to be a lot. i have a htc incredible 2 that i got almost 2 years ago. about a year a ago i had an issue with the phone rebooting and getting stuck in a loop. i did the factory reset and the phone has worked great (with the exemptions of apps being force stopped, but that seems to have more to do with the app then the phone) up until now. i have kept very good care of the phone. no water damage, no physical damage, the exterior of the phone is in mint condition, and im very careful about apps i download. the problem now, is it seems like my phone keeps shorting out. it will just turn itself off, and won't turn back on unless i have a charger hooked up to it. I've charged it to a full battery and in 5 minutes of using the phone it will turn off, and will say the battery is at 1% when turned back on, then it shuts off again. if i turn it on on the charger and wait for it to start up, the battery that was full, then is at 50% or lower, but will take 10 min to go back to a full charge. and since last night it wont even stay on when on the charger and seems to reject a charge at times.it seems like the phone as confused as i am lol. i read that rubbing the conductors with a pencil eraser may help if its a battery issue, but i did that and no luck. one thing i noticed when the battery was out, was there were what seemed to be dark spots or burn marks on the battery. i think it may have something to do with it. i have also done a factory reset three times since it started a month ago, and have also cleared my sd card incase it could've had something wrong with it, but the problem remains. i scanned my phone for viruses and it says there are none. i lost all my personal pictures and videos of my family and friends in the process, just to find out that wasnt the problem. i know htc has a year manufactuer warranty and it is now well passed a year. it seems like this is a hardware or software issue that i had no control of. also i have read many posts on many websites of this same exact problem so i know im not the only one that knows there was nothing i can do. my question here is,will verizon replace my phone for free, or try sending me a free replacement battery? honestly i don't have money for a new phone or replacement, and even if i did, i dont think i should pay for anything because ive done everything in my power to keep the phone in good condition. i am eligible for an upgrade in january, however i really need a phone now. i cant take this thing out with me, because it will just die and will be useless. I'm not frustrated because i do understand even technology cant be perfect, but i would appriciate if verizon could help me out. like i said this is out of my hands and ive done all i could, i haven't done anything to damge the phone, so i think verizon should help me out without making me pay for it. thank you for taking the time to read this and if anybody can help me please respond. i will provide any info i may have missed, i just wanted to let people know what the issue is first

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: htc incredible 2 battery or internal issues? and what can i do about it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@osker2012,

I definitely want to help get this resolved once and for all! I know how important it is to have a working phone at all times.

It maybe that the charging port is damaged, since it works when positioned in a ceratin way. Have you taken the phone into a VZW store http://bit.ly/3SdsA for a hands on evaluation?

I can take a closer look at your account and see what options you have available. Please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message so I may further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Friday scast1990,

Wow! That's a lot of info that you shared with us. We appreciate all of the details. This is certainly a task to tackle. Rest assured as we are up to the challenge. May I have you send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a 2-3 sentence summary of the issue so we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
osker2012

having same issues.  The phone will just shut down and when I plug into charger comes on but wont stay on for long.

0 Likes
osker2012

Did they help you with resolving the issue?  Same thing been going on with my phone for a month now.

Upgrade not till april 2014

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Osker2012. I'm sorry to learn that your phone is acting this way. Does the phone respond to the charger if you position it in certain ways? Has your phone been damaged previously? Do you currently have insurance or an extended warranty on your phone?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
osker2012

Yes it responds if you have the phone positioned in a certain way.  No Insurance and no warranty since it is over a year since got.  It was a free phone on upgrade. 

The phone has never had any damage, water or dropped.  This is my husbands phone, which gets put in his pocket and

hardly used.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@osker2012,

I definitely want to help get this resolved once and for all! I know how important it is to have a working phone at all times.

It maybe that the charging port is damaged, since it works when positioned in a ceratin way. Have you taken the phone into a VZW store http://bit.ly/3SdsA for a hands on evaluation?

I can take a closer look at your account and see what options you have available. Please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message so I may further assist.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link to the rep's profile is .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes