how set to"cdma"
rembrandt1

how do i actually set the preferred network to "cdma"?

setp-by-step

thanks

0 Likes
Re: how set to"cdma"
Wildman
Legend

I am not understanding your question, the phone is only a CDMA device, Verizon network is CDMA... 

Maybe it will clearify things if you reported what you are tring to do?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did you by chance go into this area by Accident an kick something off like the Network or is it you have it on your Wi-Fi an are trying to get back to the Network. like Wildman said i am too not Quite understanding your Question!!

0 Likes
rembrandt1

the signal strenght for phone conversations fluctuates from 3 bars to

dropping calls within seconds.

internet and messaging work fine

i simply want to be able to use the phone to talk on

i read in the blog that i should insure phone setting for conversations is

"cdma" and i don't know how to do this.

thank you

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You are automatically connected to CDMA by default with ANY Verizon device except for their 4G devices.

0 Likes
rembrandt1

thanks again. i'll go talk to my local vzw. phone sucks

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello rembrandt1,

As stated by Tidbits, all of our 3G non-global devices are set to work on our CDMA network. The Droid Incredible does not have a setting that allow the end user to select different network technologies because it is not a global device. You stated that you are having some issues with dropped calls and signal fluctuations. I can certainly assist with this issue as we want you to continue to enjoy the reliable service that you are used to receiving from us. To better understand the issue, I have a few questions for you. Please see below:

1. What city and state are you in?
  2. What software version, baseband version, and kernel version do you have on the Incredible?
  3. When did the issue start happening?
  4. Are other mobile user having the same issue in your area?
  5. Have you noticed a pattern with the voice issue? (Incoming call only or with landline calls involved)

Once you have provided some additional information on the situation then I determine the root cause of the issue. This can be either device related, software related, and/or network related. Just to be proactive, I have provided some troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device. They are as follows:

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the Settings Menu.
  • Uninstall any task killer apps or battery save apps from the device.
  • Remove any connected accessories. (bluetooth earpiece or bulky case)
  • Remove and re-insert the battery.
  • Update the roaming capabilities by calling *228 and selecting option 2 on the automated system.
  • Check for software updates on the device (Settings > About Phone > System Updates)
  • Perform a factory reset. (See link below)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946

Keep in mind that I recommend a back up all your contacts and calendar entries prior to completing a factory reset. Backup Assistant can be used to archive your contacts and calendar entries can be saved to your Gmail account. Pictures, videos, and music can be saved on a memory card for preservation. Once you have completed a factory reset then the device would need to be re-setup. The device's tutorial will walk you through this brief process. Once completed, please test all voice and data service for functionality. If you continue to have dropped calls and signal issues then please reply to this message for additional help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes