how do i view full web pages
gaminfamily
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everytime I go online it views in mobile format. One reason I got this phone was to surf the internet like I would on a computer. I have looked in settings but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I view full web pages
gaminfamily
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right to most pages do have that option, but like gamespot.com it does not and I dislike their mobile page and other pages don't have that option as well. I was hoping somewhere in the setting like on my htc had where I could control it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do i view full web pages
OccamsMonkey

Most pages have a link at the bottom to 'full version'. They detect your UserAgent string and serve you pages based on that, so it's up to the page to allow you to view desktop mode. Some browsers support passing a false UserAgent (example, Dolphin) that forces desktop mode. You can try that too. Download DolphinHD and go into Settings > User Agent, then choose 'Desktop'. This will usually force the page to serve desktop content.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1
If you scroll to the bottom of the web page there is usually something like view full site, etc. if you click that you'll get the view your computer gets.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

For the built in browser there may be an option to check to view full site instead of always landing in mobile view

0 Likes
OccamsMonkey

There is not, however many websites detect the Android version and give you the desktop view. A lot don't. But there is no UserAgent spoof in the default browser. OperaMini and Dolphin are the only ones I know of which currently allow it.

But as I stated earlier, most sites have a link at the bottom and they do remember your preference if you have cookies enabled.

0 Likes
gaminfamily
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right to most pages do have that option, but like gamespot.com it does not and I dislike their mobile page and other pages don't have that option as well. I was hoping somewhere in the setting like on my htc had where I could control it.

0 Likes
gaminfamily
Enthusiast - Level 3

appreciate the help

0 Likes
BleedMusic

Incorrect... There IS a way to do this in the native Android browser!... Open the browser and type "about:debug" in the address bar... now when you get to menu > More > Settings, you will see a new group of settings (below the Advanced settings)-- Change the setting "UAString" to "Desktop."

0 Likes
TooN_MytH
Enthusiast - Level 3

BleedMusic wrote:

Incorrect... There IS a way to do this in the native Android browser!... Open the browser and type "about:debug" in the address bar... now when you get to menu > More > Settings, you will see a new group of settings (below the Advanced settings)-- Change the setting "UAString" to "Desktop."

Thanks

0 Likes
AuroLo
Help I did this and then switched back, and now I get an error for MSN website. I get an IIS7 come up instead. I have tried clearing my history and my cache and it still doesn't work.
0 Likes