how do i put external pics onto my wallpaper?
ericanewro

Hi all.  I have a picture on an external source (my pc) that I want to put onto my phone and use it as my main wallpaper.  I emailed the picture to me and can access the picture via email on the phone but that's as far as I got.  Help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i put external pics onto my wallpaper?
Wildman
Legend

You have to save the file from the email by pressing and holding image and select "Save Image" and then you can open gallery and view image and press left menu and select More and Set As / Wallpaper.

Photo ill be saved to SD Card / Messages...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You have to save the file from the email by pressing and holding image and select "Save Image" and then you can open gallery and view image and press left menu and select More and Set As / Wallpaper.

Photo ill be saved to SD Card / Messages...

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
What he said ..or in the yahoo mail app you can long press and the menu should have a set as wallpaper option
0 Likes
ericanewro

Thanks.  I was able to figure that out.  But what about changing size of the picture?  My picture has 4 people in it and when I load it as the wall paper, it's too big so only two in the middle show up.  any ideas how to change size of pic?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do not see you fitting all of them on one screen without modifing the photo because of the resolutiion, I am guessing the photo was shot in landscape mode and th imge wont fit a landscape image on a portrait resolution.

Thats like fitting a square in a rectangle...

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
This phone is a pain with custom pic wallpapers wish it had a fit to screen option
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

hallcp1019 wrote:
This phone is a pain with custom pic wallpapers wish it had a fit to screen option

Wallpaper Wizardrii works well for me...

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wildman, you've done it again! Thank you for that app tip! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes