help please.....need to transfer video to home computer
SavannahsMommy

hello,

I use my usb cord to transfer all the pictures from my droid X  to my home computer, but I can only find -1- of the many video's I have taken that is actually on the computer.

Normally, anything I upload goes in a folder named with todays date.  The one video I happened to find, was also dated todays date, in a different folder.

album 09-12-10  (the one all pics were in)

2010-09-12            (the one the one video was in)

Can anyone please tell me where to look for my video's I cannot find ?  Or, is there something else I have to do in order to get these video's on my computer?

I am very computer illiterate, so breaking it down for 'dummies' would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

thank you  !!

0 Likes
Re: help please.....need to transfer video to home computer
gunnerntc2010

well i just went on my droid x under my computer and went to the dcim folder and went to camara and found it there, msg me back and if you cant find it ill will try another option

0 Likes
SavannahsMommy

hi-  I just went on my start menu under 'computer' .  I do not have any option for 'droid x' right now.

The only time I saw 'droid X' was when my usb cord was plugged in.  At that time, I right clicked and chose 'import pictures'.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

gunnerntc2010 description was the correct directory to find videos,

1. Plug in device into PC

2. Slide top status bar down andSelect USB Connection

3. Press USB Mass Storage

4. Open My Computer and you should see Storage Card listed as Storage Device

5. Select Drive and goto DCIM/Camera directory and you should see your videos.

6. Select files you want to move and copy to PC location

0 Likes
SavannahsMommy

thanks Wildman !!

I just got off 3rd shift, but I will definately try this when I wake up and let you know how it turns out :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
nayewilson

I was able to find my videos according to your instructions, but Windows Media Player cannot play them.  What type of device do I need in order to play my videos on my computer?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Try VLC Video Player:   http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

that's what worked for me - after also finding Media Player not working, like you did.

0 Likes