headphones error
itsy_bitsie

my phone thinks that there are headphones still plugged in it.  I tried to reboot it a couple of times but it is still is reading the head phones.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: headphones error
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

itsy_bitsie wrote:

my phone thinks that there are headphones still plugged in it.  I tried to reboot it a couple of times but it is still is reading the head phones.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!!

Hi itsy_bitsie,

I am sorry to learn of the headphone error you are experiencing with your phone. This error is mostly caused by debris in the headphones input hole/contact. Please make sure the headphones input is clear of debris.

You mentioned that you rebooted the phone. Did you mean power off/on or battery pull?

If you just powered phone off/on, please remove the battery with phone ON, then re-insert after 20 seconds, this is a soft reset and may resolved the issue outlined on your post.

If the above fails to resolve your concerns, try doing a factory reset. For detailed instructions please visit the link below:

Hard Reset - HTC DROID Incredible

Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

0 Likes