has verizon started shipping the increidble with the new SLCD screens?
dowd319

Hey guys, I recently ordered a HTC Incredible from Verizon and totally forgot to ask the sales rep if it will ship out with the new screen instead of the old AMOLED screens htc has replaced. Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes
Re: has verizon started shipping the increidble with the new SLCD screens?
vicpim74

What was wrong with the old screen?? This is the first I've heard of this....

0 Likes
dowd319

In many cases people found it to be unresponsive. I've never personally had a problem. I discovered it researching this phone on the internet. HTC decided to switch to the SLCD screens which will help the battery life but take away a little bit of the color vividness. The new phones were supposed to start shipping out near the end of Sept.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure what Verizon is doing but this article will give you a little help when you get your package. It'll tell you how to tell if it's AMOLED or SLCD.

Also, a little literature on the difference between AMOLED and SLCD link.

Looks like SLCD is actually a better swap. 1/3 better battery or something. I'd swap for that!

0 Likes
NoHypeNeeded

There was nothing wrong with the AMOLED screens. They were the best to be offered. But they were made by Samsung and they  shifted production to there new  Fascinate phone and could not support HTC demand. In fact the new Samsung comes with a 4.0 AMOLED. My understanding is that if you have an Incredible with an AMOLED and need to  returne it under warranty you will get back an AMOLED, everyone else gets back the new screen. BTW the new Samsung screen is suppose to be better in direct sun light, you will see it.

0 Likes
vicpim74

dowd319 wrote:

In many cases people found it to be unresponsive.

Unresponsive in what way? I found out that my first INC became laggy while texting AFTER the 2.2 update. While with the 2.1, the phone operated flawlessly!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it wasn't unresponsive. it was a great screen. the above post is correct. it caused a shortage when they had to rely on samsung and samsung had there own phones to manufacture for. that's whay there was a TWO MONTH wait if you ordered an inc in may or june also. rumors started that they would switch to meet demand. and as far as i know, they did switch.

0 Likes
losvaldez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told last week by VZW technical support that my replacement unit would have an SLCD screen and that I should see improved battery life.  I asked "are you sure that you already have replacement units for SLCD Incredible's?  Isn't this fairly new?"  He said yes we do have replacements with SLCD.  Received my phone today and it is an AMOLED screen. I wish I could speak to a manager about the continuous mis information.

0 Likes
losvaldez
Enthusiast - Level 2

After some comparison my replacement screen is considerably darker than my origianl that i've had since the release.  More black shades.  But they have the same ADR 6300VW #. 

0 Likes
rouser20

Yes, SLCD ones are out there.  I just ordered 2 Incredibles and received them both yesterday.  Both of them have the new SKU for the SLCD.  Also, when I log into My Verizon account it shows my phone as being Droid Incredible (some numbers) and then SLCD.  So it appears that Verizon has now replaced the AMOLED with the SLCD, atleast when ordering a new phone.

0 Likes