Re: froyo and timeline complaints
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

DaWussy wrote:

When you pay money for an item or service, you're entitled to express your opinions about the quality. If your lawyer or doctor doesn't provide you with enough bang for your buck, you complain. If your grocer sells you spoiled food you also complain. But here on the forums, if you pay Verizon $220 a month for your service and you bought a phone, data plan etc., based on representations you sure should be able to complain. Some of you don't think we paid for that privilege. I disagree.

I DO pay that $220 a month plus upgrades to my phones when I need them and I AM complaining. I want 2.2 or at least an idea of when it's coming and why it's delayed. I don't think I should have to do web searches to find out rumors. How hard is for Verizon to keep us informed?

I'm not flaming anyone and certainly expect to be flamed for this comment. However, if some of you guys who flame this post want to pay my Verizon bill, I'll shut up.

I definately don't have a gripe against people voicing their frustrations, but what is gripe-worthy are those extreme individuals who start to threaten class action and call their attorney generals a month after a device is released. 

And, without saying I know more than anyone else....but how come I understood when purchasing the X that the update would be out "soon" and never felt lied to and misled by Verizon?  The same information that was available to me....on and before Launch day when I placed my online order, was available to everyone to clearly see and understand.

If you bought the phone and the sales rep said to you "yes, this phone has 2.2 on it, enjoy" and then you got home and it wasnt there, then you should be upset that you were lied to.

Most people don't even understand what 2.2 brings to the phone and what it does not, but they insist on yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Fyi...totally not directed at you DaWussy :smileyhappy:

Dj.

0 Likes
raven1982

I'm not sure where to weigh in on the entire debate of complaining but I would like to know what type of timeline we are looking at.

I bought the X for several reasons. First off, I had not purchased a new phone since 2005 and was up for a new one since 2007. I made it by with old clamshells, and heck they worked what I needed. However times change and my requirement of a phone changed, I needed something that was"Smart" and easy to use with a promise of improvements. In the past I sold advertising and managed that greatly without a crackberry or any other type of smartphone but I am now making a career change to become a commercial pilot. The old phones were OK for flight planning but nothing beats the screen size of the X when looking at bad weather or other information when your looking for a "Go or No GO" call.

I understand that implementation of a new OS on a device that has other possibly conflicting software can be tricky at best. So, it does not bother me when I have to wait. I want my X to stop freezing, locking when a call comes in, and having data/network issues. I can wait, but a timeline is nice or at least a progress report.

Don't give me a half baked version of froyo that is full of problems, give me the one that has the majority of bugs fixed, like 90%. But while I'm waiting give me a timeframe, or instead announce that Froyo is still in testing and that only select units will receive it. Maybe that was stated and I missed it, but if not that would have been a great way/nice way to tell folks not to get their underwear in a wad.

If I had to name the most important addition that froyo brings that I want/need, it would be the flash support. There are several FAA approved flight prep sites that require it.

I will wait and be joyous when a working version of Froyo makes it to me, but until then I can make do with my PC, FBO flight service computer, a FSS, or just use Pilot Mycast.

Remember, it may suck but Patience Truly is a Virtue. Maybe one too many of us have lost.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Well im happy as of yesterday :smileyvery-happy: I found a way to play DIVX movies, got a motorcycle mount for my droid X and I got a really nice app that helps me keep my messages private. :smileyvery-happy: Droid x, cheater's best friend :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am taking the since you are having freezing issues you havent did a hard reset with auto restore option disabled that has proved to work for so many users? Also the Flash is already up and running, have you downloaded update from market, I havent had one issue using flash.

Try this:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Minimize-Droid-X-Issues-After-Froyo-Update/m-p/29658...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

reallyniceguy wrote:
Well im happy as of yesterday :smileyvery-happy: I found a way to play DIVX movies, got a motorcycle mount for my droid X and I got a really nice app that helps me keep my messages private. :smileyvery-happy: Droid x, cheater's best friend :smileyvery-happy:

Meridian Madia Player does Divx well also...

http://www.androidtapp.com/meridian-player/

screen.jpg+screen2.jpg

0 Likes