Highlighted

froyo and timeline complaints

Member

I have read almost all froyo blogs and even the ones on here, and one thing comes to mind when I do read them, kids.  froyo has no release date, it says end of summer, not september 8th or the 10th, september 22nd is the end.  The droid had the same issue and passed its release date and everyone complained, just not sure why everyone is so hyped about 2.2. I have gone trough 7 phones from the original droid to the droid 2 and now the droid x, froyo is not that impressive, all my issue were signal related to where I am and it took them 7 times to figure that out, if it takes them till sept 24, I don't care, my kids were not this impatient when toy story 3 was coming out and they are kids, timelines are meant to be broken and when one is on time I will be very amazed. The droid x is Verizon's highest quality phone and they might be making some extras for it or they are just holding back because people threatened to call the FCC or Verizon corporate officials because froyo is not here, its not that important, so when you have realized that froyo can save your life then you can complain as much as you do.

 

droid x and a very patient person.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Member

gunnerntc2010 wrote:

I have read almost all froyo blogs and even the ones on here, and one thing comes to mind when I do read them, kids.  froyo has no release date, it says end of summer, not september 8th or the 10th, september 22nd is the end.  The droid had the same issue and passed its release date and everyone complained, just not sure why everyone is so hyped about 2.2. I have gone trough 7 phones from the original droid to the droid 2 and now the droid x, froyo is not that impressive, all my issue were signal related to where I am and it took them 7 times to figure that out, if it takes them till sept 24, I don't care, my kids were not this impatient when toy story 3 was coming out and they are kids, timelines are meant to be broken and when one is on time I will be very amazed. The droid x is Verizon's highest quality phone and they might be making some extras for it or they are just holding back because people threatened to call the FCC or Verizon corporate officials because froyo is not here, its not that important, so when you have realized that froyo can save your life then you can complain as much as you do.

 

droid x and a very patient person.


See the problem is that a lot of us bought our phones on July 15th, 2010 (i.e. Launch Day).  Back then whether you bought it in the store or over the phone, VZW sales associates sold us all a bill of goods that did not pan out.

 

On July 15th, nobody was talking about Droid 2 or the fact that it would come direct with Android 2.2.  Even knowing that would not have gotten me to wait for it as I detest physical qwerty keyboards.  Seeing the demo videos of the X reminded me of the orginality of the iPhone / iPod Touch and that made me want this phone.

 

Going back to the bill of goods.  In another post, I mentioned my sales person told me that Froyo was on track from August 2010.  Back in July, I had no reason to doubt the sincerity of my sales person.  Again, their was no talk of Droid 2, but all a lot of us heard that day was just how awesome this phone was going to be with Froyo and Flash 10.1. 

 

The other problem is the self-appointed Forum Police.  If you attempt to express an opinion of what you were told, then they try to shut you down.  How do they know what I was told?  Are they telepathic?  Are we sharing one body like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

 

Unless they know where I bought my phone from, then they not likely to know what conversation I had with my sales person.

 

As a customer, all I want is answers.  I think we are entitled... don't you?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Member

mjtimko wrote:

gunnerntc2010 wrote:

I have read almost all froyo blogs and even the ones on here, and one thing comes to mind when I do read them, kids.  froyo has no release date, it says end of summer, not september 8th or the 10th, september 22nd is the end.  The droid had the same issue and passed its release date and everyone complained, just not sure why everyone is so hyped about 2.2. I have gone trough 7 phones from the original droid to the droid 2 and now the droid x, froyo is not that impressive, all my issue were signal related to where I am and it took them 7 times to figure that out, if it takes them till sept 24, I don't care, my kids were not this impatient when toy story 3 was coming out and they are kids, timelines are meant to be broken and when one is on time I will be very amazed. The droid x is Verizon's highest quality phone and they might be making some extras for it or they are just holding back because people threatened to call the FCC or Verizon corporate officials because froyo is not here, its not that important, so when you have realized that froyo can save your life then you can complain as much as you do.

 

droid x and a very patient person.


See the problem is that a lot of us bought our phones on July 15th, 2010 (i.e. Launch Day).  Back then whether you bought it in the store or over the phone, VZW sales associates sold us all a bill of goods that did not pan out.

 

On July 15th, nobody was talking about Droid 2 or the fact that it would come direct with Android 2.2.  Even knowing that would not have gotten me to wait for it as I detest physical qwerty keyboards.  Seeing the demo videos of the X reminded me of the orginality of the iPhone / iPod Touch and that made me want this phone.

 

Going back to the bill of goods.  In another post, I mentioned my sales person told me that Froyo was on track from August 2010.  Back in July, I had no reason to doubt the sincerity of my sales person.  Again, their was no talk of Droid 2, but all a lot of us heard that day was just how awesome this phone was going to be with Froyo and Flash 10.1. 

 

The other problem is the self-appointed Forum Police.  If you attempt to express an opinion of what you were told, then they try to shut you down.  How do they know what I was told?  Are they telepathic?  Are we sharing one body like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

 

Unless they know where I bought my phone from, then they not likely to know what conversation I had with my sales person.

 

As a customer, all I want is answers.  I think we are entitled... don't you?


That is quite a story.

 

Just like you...I got my phone on July 15.

 

Unlike you...I seemed to know that we would get the update LATE IN SUMMER.

 

Just like it was told to us on June 23.....IN WRITING.

 

{please keep your posts courteous}. We will get the update when it is ready.

 

Evidently you did not do enough research on the phone before you bought it.   The information was freely available.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Member

Very true, but now the droid 2 is available and I have seen hands on a couple issues with the dinc, and I have been told a lot of different things from Verizon reps as far as a release date, not to name a few but they did not know what froyo was or android 2.2 was, that's why I limit myself on what I can believe but I don't understand what you are saying I would be inpatient too but also reps get there info from Verizon, well Verizon knows when it will be released 48 hrs before, just like the DROID and DROID INC, the release of it was almost exactly 48 hrs before it hit, and was in PDF form when it was put out to owners, IM sorry you were told august, but hopefully they will learn from there mistakes

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Member

GeekGuy wrote:

 

That is quite a story.

 

Just like you...I got my phone on July 15.

 

Unlike you...I seemed to know that we would get the update LATE IN SUMMER.

 

Just like it was told to us on June 23.....IN WRITING.

 

All you do is whine and complain on more than one forum.  Quit your bellyaching. We will get the update when it is ready.

 

Evidently you did not do enough research on the phone before you bought it.   The information was freely available.


Apparently, what you know and what I know are two different things.

 

I know what I was told and what I expected from a phone company that has served me over the past decade.

 

You say i whine and complain.  I don't see it that way.  I only want what I was promised on launch day.  I was promised an upgrade that would give me Flash 10.1.  My sales person did not say Late Summer or Early September.

 

Ultimately, its counter-productive to fight one another when the common enemy is VZW. 

 

When CBS threatened Jericho, the fans banded together.  They got CBS to do the right thing.

 

A feverent fan base known as Trekkers (or Trekkies) keeps CBS (and Paramount Pictures) producing more Star Trek content.

 

We should be opposing them unilaterally and bring pressure on them to act.  As long as we are divided they can stall.  Stopping them from stalling may not speed up the Froyo update, but we just might get some straight answers out of them.

 

And this is where I can going to rest my case.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Member

mjtimko,

 

I had the same issue (was sold a bill of goods too). But as u asked, I want to know how all these others know what they told u, me, or any(1) else that they weren't w/, when we bought the X, that's amazing. I can tell u my wife knows what they said, because she was the only (1) w/ me! I'm definitely a pretty level headed adult w/ pretty good common sense, but as I've stated in another post, I guess we shouldn't believe anything any(1) else tells us, of course unless it comes from the CEO of vz or moto, since the rest are just lying to us (u know what they say, believe none of what u hear & only 1/2 of what u see). I guess it's hell going thru life completely paranoid. 

 

Also by the way there are some on these forums that no matter what u say, their opinion is the only (1) that counts & is right.

 

(For those that think I'm mean & nasty, guess what ur wrong. It's just an extreme case of sarcasm, when pushed into it!)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Sr. Member

mjtimko wrote:

Apparently, what you know and what I know are two different things.

 

I know what I was told and what I expected from a phone company that has served me over the past decade.

 

You say i whine and complain.  I don't see it that way.  I only want what I was promised on launch day.  I was promised an upgrade that would give me Flash 10.1.  My sales person did not say Late Summer or Early September.

 

Ultimately, its counter-productive to fight one another when the common enemy is VZW. 

 

When CBS threatened Jericho, the fans banded together.  They got CBS to do the right thing.

 

A feverent fan base known as Trekkers (or Trekkies) keeps CBS (and Paramount Pictures) producing more Star Trek content.

 

We should be opposing them unilaterally and bring pressure on them to act.  As long as we are divided they can stall.  Stopping them from stalling may not speed up the Froyo update, but we just might get some straight answers out of them.

 

And this is where I can going to rest my case.


Ok, let's just say Verizon says "We're not 100% sure when 2.2 will be released, but we'll get it out a soon as we can."   Yeah, if they said that you'd feel satisfied because you got a "straight" answer, right?

               ________________________________________________________

 

And to the person who said thier salesperson "promised" them the 2.2 update in August.....  when he/she said that you reiterated, "Now, you promise, right?  And they said, "Oh Yes, I promise!" 

 

You obviously have never had a friend or parent who said something like, "I promise I'll pick you up at 6pm"  and then they show up at 6:15 with some excuse. i.e. flat tire, traffic, had to stop for gas, etc.   What did you do, call the attorney general and take them to court because they broke thier promise?

 

My goodness, there has to be more pressing problems in your lives than an update to your cell phones.

 

2.2 update for your Droid "X" is coming.... I promise!  I don't know exactly when it's comeing, but it's coming.... and I really do "promise!"

 

"Isn't fun the best thing to have?"     Arthur, from the movie by the same name.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Sr. Leader

:smileyvery-happy:Basically the level that people go to force a company to supply something that (LETS SAY THE TRUTH) never had been reported by Verizon, all information on Froyo update NEVER CAME FROM VERIZON, they always came from someone posting it on a form but I do not recall the company ever placing a official report of the Droid X getting the update by a specific date. Now I do not question that the update is coming but I continue to get amazed of how often the individuals bring up taking legal action to try to get something that they WANT but not need.  And I bet that the same people would be prepared to complain if the update was released with a number of issues, they will say that the update has issues and it should be released.

 

I still think that the Flash update will lead to a whole new can of issues, like slow page load. device performance and not to forget Battery Life . In my opinion I would be happy with just the updated codes to resolve the volume issue because my device has ran without any major issues and most of the issues I did have was software related...

 

When will the users that always wanting more power, more memory, more speed understand some major things....

1. It is still a phone, not a desktop

2. Dont complain about battery life when you want all this power, this all has to effect resources...

3. If you bought the device for what you thought it was going to get proved that this was your issue in the first place because this would mean that you felt the device wasn't worth having without Froyo but you bought it anyway and now you want things rushed because you want it now.  Sounds like they didn't lie to you but you lied to yourself.

0 Likes

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Novice
Come on birdman. Evidently you never read the joint press release put out by verizon and motorola when they first announced the upcoming release of the droid x. They both clearly said that once the update to froyo was put out that this already great phone would become even better. Their words. Not an exact quote. But pretty close. They made more of a big deal about the upcoming release of froyo than any post put on these forums to date. They set the expectations. And if you feel as though your just holdinng a phone in your hands than you have no idea what this phone was.promoted as being able to do. Its a phone. Its a gps. Its a camera and video recorder. A mini computer capable of not just browsing the web but also downloading programs and running them. Please don't cheapen what i paid good money on. They advertised this phone as much more than a phone and it is so much more. Google the original press release if you want. It may just open your eyes but then again you may have to admit your wrong and begin to feel as though you didn't get what you paid for.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: froyo and timeline complaints

Novice
I would like to apologize for all the typos in my last post. I posted it using my droid x which is just a phone by the way.
0 Likes