froyo 2.2 update problem
jeffjk91

I've updated my droid x with the froyo 2.2 by OTA and my phones giving me problems. I cant even send text messages right now and some apps, it just has the loading sign. It was better off without the update. I wont even survive the week with my phone like this

0 Likes
Re: froyo 2.2 update problem
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Do a master reset. Usually helps after an update. Also many apps are not compatible with 2.2 wich is not oogle or verizon's fault but its the app developer. My super priate conversation stopped working. Also heliz lancher died on me, force closed alot.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

reallyniceguy wrote:
Do a master reset. Usually helps after an update. Also many apps are not compatible with 2.2 wich is not oogle or verizon's fault but its the app developer. My super priate conversation stopped working. Also heliz lancher died on me, force closed alot.

I agree, try a Hard Reset (After backup data OF COURSE), I had a few issues with my device but I figured it was a old setting or software that was causing the issues so I hard reset and shes purring like a kitten, no issues so far to voice of....

Hope that helps..

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

When performing a hard reset on your device be sure to store your information on your sd card and remove the card before the reset is done. The steps are listed below:

1. Turn the phone off.

2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 5 seconds.

3. A screen with an exclamation will appear. Tap the Search key.

4. Scroll down to factory reset using the Volume Down button.

5. Confirm the selection.

6. Select Yes — delete all user data then tap OK.

The Droid X will then complete the hard reset.

http://www.technipages.com/hard-reset-droid-x.html

0 Likes
PiperCrab
Contributor - Level 1

I recommend just turning off the machine, waiting for a minute or two, and then activating it. If that fails then by all means perform the hard reset. Sometimes a simple off/on can solve a problem.

0 Likes
AngelPhoenix
There isn't a consistent fix that I've heard of. And this is apparently happening to quite a few phones, mine included. That is, the phone gets stuck at the motorola "M" boot screen. Like the OP said, texts and what not still come in but you can't get to your home screen or anywhere else. Sometimes it seems i have to pull the battery. Sometimes all i need to wait is 10 minutes and it comes back. Other times i have to wait hours. Others i don't have to pull the battery. It always comes back eventually, one way or another but i shouldn't have to wonder whether or not my 600 dollar phone will work the way it's supposed to today. I hope there is a patch/fix for this included in the next update.
0 Likes
leviwarnos

I successfully updated my phone, but within the last few days, I've had a few problems.

First my music stopped working (ringtones, playing in general, alarms), which I've noticed as one of the common themes, along with my Retro Camera and Vignette Camera apps. Typically displayed as "this device can't support this media" or something along those lines, I'm sure you all know. So that's pretty annoying, but not completely impairing.

Also, I just generally dislike that you can't double tap the comma in the multitouch keyboard to make it a comma. I also use the standard suggestions, which is helpful when I'm clumsy (having a broken thumb right now), but now you have make sure you choose the word correct word it is suggesting, even if you spelled it correctly sometimes, and then hit comma, which is just inconveniently located in all honesty. But that's just my personal feeling on that.

I'm too lazy to really scour the news to see when this is going to be fixed... anyone know anything besides "Verizon's working on it"?

0 Likes
aaronwest

I too ran into quite a few issues after upgrading my Droid X from Android 2.1 to 2.2. I did a bit of research, found some helpful information, and ultimately "fixed" my device. I blogged about the problem and solution if anyone is interested and getting their Droid X working again: http://awe.st/cDdaB0

0 Likes