flash 10.1?
rander

received my 2.2 update 2 weeks ago...cannot find 10.1 flash in market at all.  I have read that some customers cannot "see" it. even after their update.  I have also read that it IS available and then it isn't available on the market place??  Does anyone know what is really going on with it?  I would like to know as I am extremely tempted to download it from the internet, but don't want to as I am no computer whiz by any means...

0 Likes
Re: flash 10.1?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No one with a Droid running the Froyo update can see it in the market.  The only ones that can currently see Flash in the market have roms that are customized to make the market think it is a Nexus One.  Verizon is supposed to be pushing out a secondary update that will make flash downloadable from the market but no ETA yet.  The files floating around on the internet work fine so you really don't have to worry about messing up the phone by installing it.

Update:  Update may be getting pushed out today

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-announces-its-pushing-droid-update-enable-flash

"Verizon Wireless has begun pushing an update today to the DROID by Motorola (introduced November 2009) that will allow customers to download Adobe Flash 10.1 via Android Market. Flash Player 10.1 provides access to millions of sites with rich content including animations, casual games, videos, rich internet applications, audio and much more."

0 Likes
MethRay97

This is a bunch of crap. First it was the 24th now its today which means no one is gonna get it until next week.

Look how long it took for the first update.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Download it if you're that impatient. I have it and it works great.
0 Likes
MethRay97

{please keep your posts courteous}

You must work for Verizon or something? Cause you took what I said (which is probably the truth) a little too hard there.

Oh and FYI if I wanted to download it manually I would've done so already Jim. Deuces

0 Likes
rander

thank you guys for ur advise and reponses.  i'll wait a few weeks for the new update...i've waited this long right?  and if all else fails, there is always the download available via web.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Manual update available now!  Just installed and the market shows flash.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/26/manually-update-to-frg22d-froyo-for-droid-now/

0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks. I just deleted Flash 10.1, downloaded and installed FRG22D, and installed Flash 10.1 from the Market. Everything seems to be working OK.
0 Likes
DaveGX

OK, wait a second....what i wanna know is when exactly is the OTA update of build FRG22D expected to hit Droid (original) phones in order to DL Flash 10.1?  I'm still currently on build FRG01B.

0 Likes
rpdl62

DaveGX states my question(s) exactly. Also, ANY news regarding the 4G upgrade??

Rob62/rpdl62

0 Likes