factory reset
Theahasdroid1
I have first droid. Its all messed up. I erased all apps & it still keeps saying "low memory storage" and won't let me receive texts. Also runs so slow. isn't the point of having awesome droid, for all the apps? Will a factory restore fix it? Also will I lose all my contacts? And I take card out & my pics will still be fine right? Thanks for any help, I'm really tech retarded.
0 Likes
Re: factory reset
RonAnderson
Hope you haven't done anything to your phone yet. Have you erased your saved SMS messages? Have you went through all of your emails trash box and erased it? How many pictures do you have? (That really shouldn't matter as long as they are on the SD card.) Then, hit your SMS client, when you bring up the list of texts, hit the menu button, (thesecond one from the left bottom of screen), settings, text message limits, (it goes from 1 to 799), pick how many MMS texts from a contact you want, (1 to 20).
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
What Ron said. Kudos.

This should open a lot of internal space. If you have to save you text messages search for text to sd.
0 Likes
Theahasdroid1
Umm what are SMS messages? Is that like pic texts? Well yes I erased ALL texts. Idk how to erase email messages that are in trash. Yes pics are on my SD card. Set text message limit to 799 & mms messages to 10...
Then I tried to download an app & it still said phone memory low. UGGGHHHH
0 Likes
RonAnderson
I'll be nice. SMS is a regular text message. MMS is a multi media text message

If your Havering trouble with memory set limit to 25-50. And 1 mms.

Open your email one account at a time hit menu, folders, trash, mark about 20 or so at a time on the left side of screen, (alittle green x will show) hit delete on bottom right of screen.

I'll be nice!
0 Likes
RonAnderson
Also I found this neat little app/widget called mini info. Shows how much phone memory and SD card memory is available.

I have close to 100 apps stored in my phone now and I have what I can on my card, but phone memory is close for me. Need to only get apps I can put on the card. LOL
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

good lord.  I had 50 and thought that was over kill.  If you're getting that close on memory, you should really look at what apps you could get rid of as you probably don't need the majority of them.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
LOL. Six of them are over 2mb. The home page gets slow when I con off a flash site. I figured I'd go through it some time.

Most if them are news apps. I hate it but I do like to know what's going on.

You should see what I have my other special phone. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes