error message
lkvandivert

On my unlock screen I have the word "error" and a bell icon right below the time and date.  It is some sort of problem with my ringtones I believe.  I have specific ringtones set for certain people, but sometimes when my phone rings it is a completely different ring than what I have set up for that person.  When I go in and check it, it is still set up the way I intended.

0 Likes
Re: error message
lance96816
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like you are going to have to do a reset.

0 Likes
lkvandivert

Thanks, but what is a reset?

0 Likes
lance96816
Contributor - Level 2

Try removing your battery while your phone is on,

Wait a few minuets, then reinsert your battery.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. The bell indicator on the Motorola Droid 2 can indicate that the ringtone volume is silent if there is a slash through the bell. If it is a regular bell symbol, it indicates that the ringtone volume is on. If you receive this indicator when the device is only charging, it may be an anti-virus. According to a Droid forum, this can be due to an anti-virus that was installed on the device. Follow this link for additional information regarding this issue: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/83270-error-message-after-2-2-u...

Additionally, delete the ringtone that is set for the contact and save, then go back and add the tone and save. If the issue persists, perform a soft reset by pulling out the battery for a few seconds then back in the phone. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes