email account issue
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two gmail accounts.   I have one of them added to my Droid X and when I go to add the second account it tells me the account already exists,  but it doesn't show up on in the gmail program or bring in the emails.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: email account issue
dsxdroider

As far as I know, you can only have one gmail account with full email features. If you go into the right settings, you might be able to add another email account, such as another gmail account. However, you will not be able to access this email account from the homescreen, or create an icon for this second email account, or create a shortcut to it. However, if you can add and set up a second gmail account, you might receive notifications of new gmails from it and be able to read them via the notification bar.

This is the situation with my exchange account. I pay extra for the corporate exchange data plan. Nonetheless, although I have two different exchange accounts with two different corporate employers, the Droid X will only allow one icon on the homescreen(s) for one exchange account. However, I am able to add and set up additional exchange accounts. Still, I must choose which one is the default account, which means the primary account, which means the only account accessible from the homepage(s). I do, however, get notifications of emails from the secondary account, and can temporarily read them via the notification bar.

This all worked until a few days ago when my notifications stopped working right. I hope much of this will be fixed by/with 2.2.

Please report back any info you learn and any things that do or do not work in your attempts to set up additional email accounts.

0 Likes