droid x wont sync with gmail
kidbaloo
I bought my x just over one month ago and i have absolutely loved it minus a few annoyances like low volume. But last night i got a sync error with my gmail account that says it is experiencing problems and will be back up shortly. That was over 13 hours ago and i still can't sync with my gmail. I have tried to do it manually but it says there is no data or network connection. I have tried adding my wires gmail acc and i get the same thing. The people i have talked to at verizon have no idea and i can't figure it out i know its not a network sync problem my wifes phone still syncs fine and i can add my gmail account to her phone and walla i can access my emails. Any help would be appreciated. One last thing does anyone know if the vollume problems on the x are going to be addressed with the ota the email i received the other day from verizon saying they were going to release froyo soon(not holding my breath) did not say anything about it
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: droid x wont sync with gmail
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Try this.....turn off your phone.

HOLD the HOME button down

Turn on the power....keep holding "Home" down

When you see a triangle with and exclamation point press "SEARCH" button

Using VOLUME DOWN button, Scroll down to "wipe cache Partition"

pRESS THE "MENU" BUTTON (FIRST BUTTON ON THE LEFT)

!!!DO NOT CHOOSE FACTORY RESET!!! 

Once you press that menu button on Wipe Cache it will wipe cache.  Once it is done press the menu button again and the phone will reboot as normal.

then check your gmail.

Dj.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Oh...and i forgot to ask you to check your google account to see if it set to sync.

Go to your app drawer, find "My Accounts"

Click on gmail and make sure all the 3 boxes have a check mark in them.

good luck.
let us know what worked to fix it.

0 Likes
kidbaloo
Okay after alot of trial and error i actually figured out my prob. I reset my gmail password yesterday and apparently it was conflicting with my market. I went to download an app and it told me my password was incorrect so i re entered my pass and now everything works great again. I kind of feel dumb now but atleast i figured it out. Thanks for you suggestion!
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Ok Great!  I try not to be a "worst case scenario" kind of guy but on that one i guess i was :smileyhappy:  Never would have thought that changing your password would cause that error....It seems logical that the password change would have been translated itself to your phone automatically.

Dj.

0 Likes
Nekikami

I'm having the same issue with my Droid X not auto-syncing with my gmail acount. I dont have checkboxes next to my Sync Contacts, Sync Mail, and Sync Calendar entries. I can click on each one and manually sync them individually, or open the menu and sync all. But no checkboxes...

0 Likes
Nekikami
0 Likes
geochapman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too. That Power Control Widget should solve my problem also!  Thanks

0 Likes