droid x problems already after 2 days
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

i got my droid x on friday. it was awesome at first. now after a few days of getting to know this new phone i encountered a few problems

1) there is no way of adjusting the font sizing on the phone itself. i saw other posts on other sites about the app Spare Parts. but that does not keep the settings you make on the x. i don't know why.. so trying to find out if there will be a fix for this issue.

2) i'm finding that when using the multifunction keyboard at times, it will not rotate if the phone is rotated. it will remain in the upright position. i tried rebooting phone. and again, i do not know why it will not function properly.

3) i have read their posts of the phone shutting down by itself. it didn't happen to me. so i was wondering what the deal was. well, it just happened to me today. i had the phone on my desk while i was on my pc. i looked down at the phone and noticed that it had powered off automatically. i powered it back up and checked the battery life. battery was still at least 75%. another, i do not know why situation.

now don't get me wrong, i was all pumped up for tis new phone. i held off on my upgrade date just to get ti. but afte only a few days of using it. it's making me wonder if it was worth it. i hope that some fixes can be made quickly. i know i'm not the only one experiencing these problems. so, hopefully Verizon and Motorola can respond to the feedback with some fixes.

0 Likes
Re: droid x problems already after 2 days
jaydroid

Your problem number 3 looks like its pretty common.  I have never been able to use my phone for more than 10 minutes.  Either the device locks up with the screen still on, or the screen turns off as if there's no battery left.  Problem is, for me it won't turn back on unless I remove and replace the battery.  If enough people have the same problem, it likely a software issue that they can fix with an OTA update.  At least, I'm hoping.

0 Likes
texas1040

I received my DroidX last friday and from the first day I truned it on it started to reboot. I call VZ tect dep and went over 5 mins of checking pulling battery wipe phone, reboot phone and still samething.

After playing around with it I got it to stay on and can use the phone only for about 3mins and it boots off and on however can talk on it for hours with no problem but go into the web forget it 2mins rebooting on/off, on/off.

If I place the phone on a ice pad  and I can use it all day and I am not kidding. I emailed Motorola and got the same input on testing it. After reading others that are having the same problem it looks more like a software problem from Motorola.

0 Likes
Jakodi

I havent had any of these issues. I conditioned the battery on th 15th (let it drain completely first two times of use.)

Hopefully as it was said a software fix will correct those issues. Maybe reset the device and start from there.

0 Likes
renoone

mine shut down last night. thought the battery was low but didn't get a low bat warning. took a while but i got it turned back on. fine since.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

yea. that happened once already for me. i had to do the same thing. take the battery out for a reboot. also pressing the power buttom on top to go to standby mode stopped working. luckily, i found an app to lock screen so you don't have to wait. LockEnabler is the app if interested.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

i know. i hear ya. the phone does get pretty not when using it alot. hopefully then can get some fixes.

0 Likes
texas1040

Update:

Motorola was to call me today at 9:30am and what do you know no call. So I emailed them and they emailed back saying well just call us back. Ya not.

I am not waiting on the phone for 30mins because they dropped the ball and did not call me back. What **bleep**, no call back, sell me a phone that was broke from day one. Who is testing the phones????  Then I was told by VZ I  would have my replacement phone today WOW what do you know now I am told not until 07/27 SHOCKING.

0 Likes