droid x hotspot
pilotdave01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need a supervisor to get invovled with my ongoing Droid X mobile hotspot (not working) .  I have called Verizon 4 times, and have been to Tier 2 support with Motorola twice.  The hot spot worked great until i did a phone system update 4.5.605 (android 2.3.3).  Now after activating the hot spot, the phone "locks up" after 10-15 minutes of use.  The FINAL solution was to send me a new phone at full price!
I would be HAPPY to pay for a new phone, but at special pricing.
I do not think the DroidX is broke , it is a software issue, not a broken phone. I realize I am a small customer, but I have been with verizon, since before it was verizon (approximately 1989)....please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
droid x hotspot
pilotdave01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally fixed the hot spot, after a fourth "erase the phone" reset, the hot spot is now working, like it did before update to system version 4.5.605

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: droid x hotspot
Wildman
Legend
I am guessing that you did not have insurance because if you needed a replacement the insurance would cover it bur lile you I don't think this is the devices issue.. Have you tried a hard reaet?
0 Likes
pilotdave01
Enthusiast - Level 2

insurance does NOT cover malfunctioning phone, only broken, per verizon??? I do have the insurance...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

pilotdave01 wrote:

insurance does NOT cover malfunctioning phone, only broken, per verizon??? I do have the insurance...

Like I asked did you try a hard reset because replacing the wont resolve anything anyway..  I was just trying to understand why you would need to buy a new device.

That's makes no since, I have seen users get phone replaced for situations that wasn't a problem, like a app installed from market not running, which was a developer issue not a device issue.

Sounds like you are leaving out parts of the tale because that doesn't sound right at all..

0 Likes
droid x hotspot
pilotdave01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally fixed the hot spot, after a fourth "erase the phone" reset, the hot spot is now working, like it did before update to system version 4.5.605

0 Likes