droid incredible 2 clock wiget
bigmpowerstroke
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned my phone on and the whather clock with the wiget does not work will not update

0 Likes
Re: droid incredible 2 clock wiget
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bigmpowerstroke,

Sorry to hear about your clock widget on your device. I also depend on this widget a lot to provide me with the vital information I need to get through the day, not just for time. May I ask have you tried to delete it and re-add it from the market? If you have done so, what were the results? Also, what software version are you running on your device? The most current software version for the HTC Droid Incredible 2 is HTC_ADR6350_4.08.605.3 and the radio version is 1.09.01.0722_CL20826. If this is your software version and you are still experiencing issue with the widget then the next best option would be to download a 3rd party clock widget app from the Market. Although I am unable to recommend an app, I highly encourage that you review the comments and feedback that was left by other users on the apps that you are interested in. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
bigmpowerstroke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its not from the market it is installed on the pohne Its the HTC clock Weather wiget.It will not update my location with the weather it just says trying to update

0 Likes
bigmpowerstroke
Enthusiast - Level 2

And how come it updates me in outher locations i will be in at home in Cleveland , OH and it will say iam in  Lousville,  KY. Does HTC Know about all these problmes with the phone

0 Likes
thotbubl9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem!  I have a daily alarm for 7AM and the alarm hasn't gone off for several days, and when I click on the clock widget it doesn't pull up the time or alarm info.  I've also had the same problem you mentioned with the phone saying I'm in a different location.  I'm in Illinois, but it says I'm in Calgary!  Canada, really?????

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Mine said Calgary this morning too ... I'm in Wisconsin. And my alarm didn't go off. At least the location has corrected itself ... we'll see what the alarm does tomorrow.

0 Likes
timmyv92

I too am having the same problem however mine isn't as servre as being off by a whole country.  I have not yet taken the issue to verizon store for they are ignorant and most likely will only tell me to hard reset my phone which will only result in nothing except me wasting several hours to customize my phone back.  To Verizon Rep...Will there be a fix for this known issue?  or will you only tell us to download a widget that accomplishes a similar task?  If the second option is correct, then I will have to take this issue to the next level.   It is unacceptible to release a product and not continue working support.  

0 Likes
zed58

The support at verizon want you to do a hard reset, but that only works for a while, the HTC support say they are working on the issue with verizon.  I say verizon should give us an upgrade to a phone that works

0 Likes
Re: droid incredible 2 clock widget
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi timmyv92!

I see and hear you all, and I know how frequently I utilize the Clock Widget on my own device. 

I really want to let you all know that this issue is indeed being investigated by HTC and our Product Support Team. There will be a fix, though I do not have information as to when. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it is really the only information I have. 

I also cannot recommend a specific app for you to download, but I would suggest, until a fix is in place, that you all check the Android Market for an alarm application and a clock widget application. After some research, I have found that this is a good fix for now. 

I assure you again that both HTC and our team at VZW are aware and working on a resolution for you. 

Thank you to all of you for your patience. Have a great day!

0 Likes
sheryla_c
This is extremely frustrating. The clock widget is critical for many users. How come I can get updates to apps I don't even need (like Books) but HTC cannot provide an update that will fix the clock widget - especially since this has been affecting some people since the summer?
0 Likes