droid 2 slow response and no 3g
lufty419

the response time when i try to open an app or switch screens is a very slow.  I hardly ever lately have been connecting to 3G service as well.

0 Likes
Re: droid 2 slow response and no 3g
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lufty419, thank you for sharing your issue and I want to help speed up your phone! Is this happening with specific applications? Clear the cache from any applications this is happening with. Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Application, Clear data/cache. Also what happens when you try to access internet? What city and state are you located in? Try also booting your phone into safe mode to see if either of these issues are resolved. If the phone is working fine in safe mode, a third party app may be causing the issue. bit.ly/o5McAQ Try uninstalling recently installed apps especially battery saver, task killer or antivirus apps.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stew53

I have the same issue. I wish a company would disrupt the cell phone biz model. The VZW/ATT cell duopoly is overpriced, poorly supported, and generally unpleasant. Wow, that reminds of the phone company before the break up!! When all else fails, blame a software company for the hardware problem.  

0 Likes
blackwes

I have the same issue, plus a few.  I tried the suggestion above, but when I get to "All", there is not an Application, clear data/ cache option.  I have a droid 2 global and my software is up-to-date.  I also have a problem that the phone will shut itself off frequently when I am reading something on the screen. It is not a time-out issue because it can happen as soon as I unlock the phone and start doing something.  Very annoying.  Any solutions?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello!

I'm sorry that you are having the issue as well! I hope you weren't reading something important when that happened! That would not make it easy to use your phone! You would need to go into the applications to clear their data cache. Is the phone turning off while you are reading something, or is the backlight going out?  Since you have already tried safe mode, the next step would be a hard reset. http://bit.ly/Pf4bk9 Please let us know the results!

Thank you!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes