droid 2 possessed
merlyn13

I have had my phone for 1 year, got the newest update about 2 months ago, issues getting it to accept update. I took it to Verizon and they were able to get it to work. Last week my screen started acting up it freezes,randomly scrolls through apps, makes calls. Sometimes it turns itself on in the middle of me doing something. Any ideas what is going on?

0 Likes
Re: droid 2 possessed
robert96108

I had the same problem with my droid 2.  everytime it seemed to get hot from either being in my pocket or just outside.  it acted like it had a mind of its own, randomly scrolling through things and selecting whatever it felt like.  it even called the police once.  I had to go into a store and make them honor the warranty.  they sent me a refurbished droid 2 global but alas not even a month later this new phone the back light burnt out.  so they are having to send me another phone.  i have researched it online and many people are having the same problem.  when i contacted Motorola they acted like they didn't know nothing and promised master resetting would fix the problem.  IT DOESN'T!!!!!!   the only other two solutions i have found are A) whenever the phone acts up put it in the freezer for about 30 mins, B)there is a part you can order online and a youtube video on how to fix it but it requires you to disassemble the entire phone.  Hopefully this helps

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

robert96108 wrote:

.... the only other two solutions i have found are A) whenever the phone acts up put it in the freezer for about 30 mins, B)there is a part you can order online and a youtube video on how to fix it but it requires you to disassemble the entire phone.  Hopefully this helps

I don't know what to say. Except I wouldn't recommend either of the above two actions.

Before resorting to that, I would thoroughly read the owner's manual, and spend some time getting to know how the phone is intended to  work.  Uninstall all the apps and reinstall them back one at a time till you find the one that's causing the issue.  If it's a mjor software glitch, then a master reset may be the answer.

Freezing or disassembling the phone  - NOT RECOMMENDED!!

0 Likes
fnb160

I purchased my Incredible 2 Sept. 30, 2011 and this morning it will not power on. I've taken the battery out and reinstalled, tried the wall charger, car charger and the computer. So off to Verizon I go. They try all the things I have as well as installing a new battery. No luck. Let me interject at this point, I am a real estate agent and my phone is my livelyhood! Verizon's answer is to send me a rebuilt phone in 5 days!!!! Five days! I could pay $12.99 and have it overnighted if I want... Since I was an Alltel customer it seems I don't have the proper equipment insurance to get free overnight shipping. Did I mention I also purchased a Galaxy Tablet as well as the new 4g MiFi at the same time as my phone?  Sorry for the venting, I'm not pleased. Does anyone have any suggestions to try on the phone? I went to the web and this seems to be an issue with the Incredible2.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Merlyn13, I understand how important it is to have a reliable phone. I appreciate everyone's responses, but agree with SuzyQ that you should never freeze or disassemble your phone. This could cause more issues that would void your warranty. Is the phone freezing when using any certain applications or tasks on the phone?

First, try booting the phone into safe mode and leave it in safe mode for awhile to see if the issues are still occurring. Safe mode disables third party applications from automatically running, and will help determine if one may be causing the issue. If the issue is not occurring in safe mode, an application is causing this. Make sure to uninstall any antivirus applications because some have been known to cause this issue. 

If the issue is still occurring in safe mode, or not resolved after removing some applications, I suggest a factory reset. This will reset the phone to default settings. Make sure your contacts are backed up first. This will not delete data from the SD card. 

0 Likes
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem is not solved!!!

It's only been since the GB update.  My phone NEVER did this before the update.  It happens in a very specific & repeatable pattern:  I will be playing music, and adjust the volume because a song got too loud or soft.  The sound will stop (although the player will continue to play) and when I adjust the volume again, the phone REBOOTS ON ITS OWN. 

The music play is the native application that came with the phone. It's only been a problem since the GB update. 

The other 2 applications that I've had this happen in are Angry Birds & Alchemy Classic. The sound will go dead, then I adjust the volume & the phone reboots.  Again, I played both of these games for months in Froyo without any problem.  EVER. 

So, this is DEFINITELY a problem with the Gingerbread software update. 

Ellen

0 Likes
sarahkay123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my phone! Only mine does it with or without the update. I honestly think the phone is just a piece of crap... I'll never buy another motorola or droid phone. All of my friends have issues with their droids as well... I'm moving onto bigger and better things... Iphone hahaha.

madatV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so mad!!  My daughter has a Droid Thunderbolt.  Two months ago it stopped working.  It was only 5 months old and still under warranty.  I took it into the store.  It had a crack on the bottom left corner of the phone, but it had that 2 months after we got it and still worked. They put me on the phone with customer service.  I told customer service there was a crack, and they said to send it and they would send me a new phone.  I did and got a new one. The customer service rep said it should be fine and they would email me to tell me if they were going to charge me for the cost of the phone if they decide it had been damaged.  I said at that time can I decide to send back the new phone and just opt for a cheaper phone.  She said yes and added that she has only seen them charge back a customer twice.  Well, I got my bill last month and guess what!  They charged me $300.  I got no email.  I called customer service three times and went into the store.  They all said there was nothing they could do and I had to pay the $300.  Before I post this all over the web and contact the attorney general, does anyone know of any other legal actions I can take.  This should be against the law to charge somebody without letting them know first!!!!

lilylachien
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem to an extreme degree.  A soft reset used to work.  No longer  A hard reset did not help. Mine dials numbers randomly, turns itself on and off, changes radio channels.  A lot of bizarre activity. Of course Verizon could not help. 

Tricklarock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suzy, thanks for replying as if you were a verizon employee, your advice really helped!!!

0 Likes