droid 2 global worth it?
chiggbot19

I haven't had my droid 2 global for a whole year yet but I'm already thinking I can't handle it for another. In the 9 months I've had it, it:

-freezes constantly with a black screen

-randomly shuts down and restarts itself

-power button randomly gets stuck at the top

-apps force close daily

-the earpiece on front stopped working for awhile. now comes and goes.

-had to replace the original charger because it crapped out

-gets super hot even when not being used (ie. sitting on the coffee table)

-the virtual keyboard lags recently making swype annoying

I'm not one to abuse my phone. I have barely dropped it, it's never had water damage, I have a protective case on it, and I keep it seperate in my purse so it doesn't get crushed. This is my first smart phone and I'm just wondering is my phone defective and I should go to Verizon for a new one? I just can't see myself keeping this particular phone for another year if all this keeps happening & I haven't done anything to it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid 2 global worth it?
Wildman
Legend

One of the things that should be pointing out, if device is getting hot even when not using  it sounds like you have a stray app and this could cause a number of your reported issues like...

chiggbot19 wrote:

-apps force close daily

I suggest you install System Panel and activate the monitoring option for a few days to identify if you have a app causing these issues, now as for the other items they sound like a possible hardware issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: droid 2 global worth it?
Wildman
Legend

One of the things that should be pointing out, if device is getting hot even when not using  it sounds like you have a stray app and this could cause a number of your reported issues like...

chiggbot19 wrote:

-apps force close daily

I suggest you install System Panel and activate the monitoring option for a few days to identify if you have a app causing these issues, now as for the other items they sound like a possible hardware issue.

0 Likes