droid 2 A955 hotspot issues
danno676
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past 6 months I have used my Motorola Droid 2 as a wireless hotspot for my laptop with NO issues. I have used the the D2 for emailing and texting, also with no issues since I got it new (over a year ago). Since I "upgraded" to GB 2.3.3 I have had some VERY annoying issues.

1. wireless hotspot drops service after only a few minutes at times, erratically other times. I still have an indicator on the phones screen that it is broadcasting and my laptop still shows connected. When I try to close the app on the phone, the phone freezes. It seems the only way to close the app is to shut the phone off. I have tried clearing home screen data, clearing cache by way of pressing "x" key and power on button with no luck. I have seen that other people have had this problem with no resolve.

2. text and email no longer bring up a contact list to choose from, only suggestions after typing in one or more letters of a contacts name. This is extremely annoying when sending out bulk emails or texts. Again, I have seen other people with this problem with no resolve.

Help Please!! I would hate for the only fix for this to be replacing my phone....I don't want to spend money to fix something that I am not responsible for since Verizon no longer does their "new every two".

0 Likes
Re: droid 2 A955 hotspot issues
QueenofKings

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having similar issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello QueenofKings! We haven't seen this as a common issue with this model of phone. You said that the issues you're experiencing are similar. Can you tell me how they're different from the original poster?

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
danno676
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon Wireless Customer Support. I still have not received any help with my post. I just updated my phone with v2.3.4 after reading all of the "fixes". I still have NO contact LIST either texting or email, my wireless hotspot still stops broadcasting at random when the application freezes and I need to reboot the phone.

Nothing has been fixed and as stated before the only way I can see to fix this is to replace the phone because of an update that I did not as for (the original gingerbread update).

Again, please help. Thanks

0 Likes