delete app?
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
I know this is probably a really easy fix but I'm new to the whole app world... how do I delete an app permanently? Not just dragging and dropping to the trash can
0 Likes
Re: delete app?
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) select menu

2) Select manage applications

3) select the app you want to un-install

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Thank you! I knew it was easy

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

vereyezuhn wrote:

Thank you! I knew it was easy

There is actually an easier want to uninstall apps. Download the app called aTrackdog. Free in the market. You just open the app and it provides you with the list of apps you downloaded. Tap the app you want to uninstall/remove and tap uninstall.  Much much easier to do this I find. Less steps to take

0 Likes
Not applicable
Seems like 6 of one, half-dozen of the other.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Why install another app that just takes extra space and resources when it can be done natively?  Is it really that hard to go to Manage Applications and remove it there or open the market and uninstall?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

Why install another app that just takes extra space and resources when it can be done natively?  Is it really that hard to go to Manage Applications and remove it there or open the market and uninstall?

For me I just prefer it to be done through atrackdog. Everyone has their own methods of doing stuff. 

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I use ADW launcher... so I click and drag and hold... easiest for me.
0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

+1 to ADW.  You can just delete items directly off your home screen.

Just click and drag the app shortcut to the trashcan and hold it there for a second after it turns red and the small ADW popup will open saying "Drop to Uninstall".  Nice feature.  The only drawaback here is the app needs to already be on your home screen, otherwise you gotta go the Manage Applications route...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Doesn't really have to be on your home screen.  Just open the app drawer and long press on an app like you're going to put it on your homescreen.  Then hold it over the trashcan.

0 Likes