contacts dont show the phone number...just emails....why?????????????
memreez
0 Likes
Re: contacts don't show the phone number...just emails....why?????????????
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem!!! On a few of my contact's the cell phone number isn't listed in their main contact info. I have 8 contacts fast tagged to the provided Motorola quick contact widgets, some of them don't have a number listed on their main contact info anymore. A few others aren't in the quick contact and their mobile number doesn't show up. What's up with that? Will an update fix this problem? I would appreciate any input form someone at Verizon that monitor's these blogs. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: contacts dont show the phone number...just emails....why?????????????
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Do the contacts phone number not show for incoming calls?

0 Likes
rongotti
Mine do show up when they call, but if you go to contacts you have to edit the contact to be able to see the number. It seems limited to my facebook friends
0 Likes
ArmyCavScout

When I call my wife it keeps showing up as an unknown caller and i'm in her contacts. It does it for all of her contacts. I cant figure out whats wrong.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The hard reset should resolve this problem for you. The only thing you will lose is your applications since your contacts are automatically backed up. Once you have performed the reset you should be able to re-sync your contacts correctly. The steps for performing the reset are listed below:

Performing a factory reset via settings

The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.

Press HOME

> MENU,

then tap Settings.

Scroll down the screen,

and then tap Privacy

> Factory data reset.

On the Factory data reset screen,

tap Reset phone,

and then tap Erase everything.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
SnglGrma
This has to do with the LINKING OPTION....

Go into your contact, unlink them... find out which one has the telephone numbers listed... then link them again... and it will ask you which one you want to view... choose the one that has the phone numbers ...

I had this same problem, and found the solution quite by accident.
0 Likes
Dreamtoys

Does anyone know if there is an app that will keep all my phone contacts with phone numbers only and not email included?

I have the S3 for a few days and the store nor the technical support can fix the "Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home is stopped" problem.  I have 15000 contacts and emails and everything I reset which I did 4 times, it will take 12 to 18 hours to sync these contacts from my sdcard or from gmail and when it has not finished the transfer over, this display comes up.

Any solution. I have the problem since activation and if I return the phone, I do not want to pay the restocking fee! 

0 Likes