cannot power my phone on... help!!!
m_otten

My phone powered off unexpectedly. Now it wont power on. Help!! How can i saavemy phone??

0 Likes
Re: cannot power my phone on... help!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

m.otten,

I am so sorry to hear about your device shutting down on you. Lets get your device back in order. Have you tried to hold down the power button and volume down key to force a reboot of the phone? Do you get any response from the device when it is plugged into the charger?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vedalken254

Lindsey,

I also have the same issue. My phone randomly shut off around 5:45-6:30PM and I've tried the hard reboot (power-VolDown) method as well as motorola's supposed method of Power-VolUp for 20 seconds. Neither worked and my phone doesn't respond to it being connected to a charger. If my phone has gone bad, would it be possible to go to a nearby store tomorrow and get it swapped for a new one? (I have the VZW extended warranty btw and i only got this phone in either january or february of this year.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore another option to power on your phone vedalken254! Please connect it to a USB port on your computer with the data cable, then try to power on. This has worked for me personally in similar situations. Stores are not able to swap phones, however we have a process http://vz.to/uyYF0o in place incase your phone needs to be replaced.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vedalken254

Antonio: I've already begun the process of getting a replacement, but I've tried everything. The store I went to tested my charger and verified the phone is essentially a paperweight.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update vedalken254! I trust that the replacement device will resolve the issue. Have a great day!

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes