bluetooth recognition
ekath

I would like to know if there is an easy, fast way to activate my bluetooth ear piece w/out having to go to my settings and click on my device before it works.  Our state of Maryland has a **bleep** handsfree law now that you can only answer or hang up on a call, other than that, it's all handsfree.  Having to "initiate" my bluetooth first and go through the settings to do it every time, seems like much more than I had to do, just answering the phone and using the speaker!  If I could put the phone somewhere and just use the speaker phone, I would, but it's too far from me to translate the conversation well.  I'm finding unless I turn on my bluetooth when I get in my car on the off chance I get a call while driving around my town locally, it's just too much to bother with.  Any suggestions?  I am starting to think a corded earpiece would be easier.

0 Likes
Re: bluetooth recognition
ekath

I'm sorry... I forgot to mention, I have a Droid phone. 

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

Go to the Market and buy Choice Dialer+ for about $4.00 -- it is a full-featured voice dialer that works fine with my Jawbone. The latest updated version has the voice repeating what you told it so it minimizes dialing mistakes. The developer is very responsive to suggestions. Try it -- it's one of the best paid apps out there IMHO.

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Yes there is an easier way.  To help conserve energy, the default Bluetooth® setting on your Motorola phone is "Off." When you complete a pairing process, it only temporarily powers on Bluetooth®.

You can enable automatic connection between your Motorola and Bluetooth® headset or hands-free device by changing the default Bluetooth® setting on your phone to "On", and verifying that your Bluetooth® device is set up to allow automatic access. When the phone is on, it enables Bluetooth® power so you connect automatically when you turn on your Bluetooth® device. You can also view this information provided at this site http://sg.motorola.com/bluetooth/support.html

Hope this Helps.

0 Likes