**bleep** off at Verizon
juan9
Enthusiast - Level 2

So in trying to get the droid incredible I purchased it online with the knowledge that they won't be shipping until June 22nd.  I was charged immediately which in my opinion is retarded because I wouldn't have even had the phone for a month. But anyway,  I lucked out and found a Best Buy near my job the next day that had one and so they held it for me.  I proceeded to call in Verizon to cancel my order and so it seemed all said and done.  I went to the store and everything went smoothly until the final step.  The mobile guy tried repeatedly and was even disconnected from Verizon twice in trying to find out what was going on.  This whole ordeal took 2 hours until we finally realized that because the previous online order was still pending, I couldn't activate the new phone.  First off, this freaking phone that I was CHARGED and didn't even technically EXIST until it was in stock for a month was blocking me from just simply picking up a new **bleep** phone.  So I was basically left looking like a fool in Best Buy.  Luckily for me the guy is still holding my incredible there.  I want my **bleep** order CANCELED, how hard is that? I keep getting impatient customer service representatives that won't even attempt to try to get my order simply canceled.  All I hear is that the form was submitted and that the online orders department will handle  it.  I mean, how many people are working there? Two? Four? This is just so rediculous and seriously damages my view of Verizon as a company.  I mean, they don't even have to cancel the order necessarily, they just have to dissociate that order from my upgrade status and let me just activate the phone I want to purchase instore.  Apparently there are no technical people in Verizon at all that can do this, just moronic and more often than not, ghetto fabulous customer service reps.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: **bleep** off at Verizon
juan9
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ Budone

So your saying I should wait an entire month to get the phone? There is no defeated purpose when I can get the phone a month earlier....

@above.

Thank you, its just frustrating when it seems that Verizon doesn't have the resources available to have things done right.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Simply, you are not able to cancel the order. You must wait for it to be delivered then refuse delivery. Which defeats the purpose of wanting to get it from Best Buy.

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your experience. I wish this problem gets resolved soon for you.  All I can tell you is to be patient, at least you know the phone will get to you eventually.  I started waiting for the incredible since when it was only rumors.  Let me tell you, it was so annoying when some people said it won't be out 'till late summer, some said it won't be out at all, but my patience paid off. Anyways, I wish you all the best.

0 Likes
juan9
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ Budone

So your saying I should wait an entire month to get the phone? There is no defeated purpose when I can get the phone a month earlier....

@above.

Thank you, its just frustrating when it seems that Verizon doesn't have the resources available to have things done right.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

juan, i've seen MANY people say that you can not cancel until you get the phone and return it, or refuse delivery. i've seen ONE person post on here that he was succesfull in cancelling his order and that the rep told him it is possible, but there's a lot of paperwork involved. not sure how legitimate that is? as far as the upgrade being applied to that phone...i'm afraid there will be nothing you can do. i ordered my wife a phone from vzn (over the phone) and then went into the store to order my htc. i could not use the upgrade because  the line that was eligible was the one i ordered the used phone on so it showed as a pending order...not activated yet. i had to wait until my wifes phone got here, activate it, and THEN use the eligible upgrade. it was a mess, but the point is that once your upgrade is associated with a device, i found it impossible to do anything about it. a rep on the phone did tell me i could cancel the order on my wifes phone, but it would take a couple days to go through, and since it would only take a couple days to get it...i just waited to get hers, activiated it, and THEN could use her upgrade to order my htc.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

juan9 wrote:

@ Budone

@above.

I am not saying that. I am strictly stating what Verizon's states.  Do I agree, not at all, but that is how they are keeping people tied to the phone.

0 Likes
juan9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon really needs to get their online order department in check.  I would expect something like this from a smaller company, but the big red? Whenever I talk to someone on the phone it seems like they aren't even sure what the online order department does or if it even exists from how they make it seem.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....it's like they are 3 entirely seperate entities.....in store, online, and 1-800 number. this wont help you now, but i always go into the store to handle everything. i've found that if you deal with a human, in person, you get better results. then, if i have a problem (which i have had very few in 10+ years with them), i can go back to the same person...and NOT LEAVE until an acceptable solution is reached. i finally tried to do something through their customer service # (order my wifes phone) and sure enough....problems! but of course i had no way to get back in touch with the original person i spoke to and when i did call back, the rep i got could only tell me "the other person should not have put the order in like this and now there's nothing i can do." my experience has been that if i can go back (in person) and hold a specific person accountable for the problem, i get MUCH better results.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

budone wrote:

Simply, you are not able to cancel the order. You must wait for it to be delivered then refuse delivery. Which defeats the purpose of wanting to get it from Best Buy.

Caution when you refuse delivery. Last time I left a BIG note on my door for UPS, they siad the didn't see it, and left the package which was stolen. A police report, UPS claim and over a month later I was refunded the money for something I refused.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

shouldn't have to worry about that. vzn REQUIRES a signature to deliver. so if you don't sign, ups takes it back. if you're not home, ups takes it back. prisaz....if you're talking about a phone being left there, then UPS screwed that up because you should've had to sign for it. there's nothing anyone can do about that.

0 Likes