bionic
khiue

has the ics 4.0 updates came out yet

0 Likes
Re: bionic
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

supposed to be rolling out starting today; info. was posted in this thread this morning:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/888728#888728

scroll to the very bottom and see the Verizon link I posted

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It also can take a few weeks to roll out to everyone on the system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

most definitely; although I would imagine there are fewer Bionics to roll the update to since it's taken so long for the darn update to be issued. 

0 Likes
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting the update as I type this, but it's been over 2 hours now and it's still "Upgrading Media database". Now I understand that major updates like these do take a while to install, and yes, I do have a good amount of content on my phone, but I feel like this is taking longer than it should. I don't really see any other posts around saying that they have install issues or how long the install actually takes, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm tempted to do a battery pull to see if it resets and fixes itself, but at the same time it could just completely brick the phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I upgraded my Lucid today and it wanted to do the whole "upgrading media" thing. I really don't have anything on it( were talking well under 1 GB )and it took a few minutes. How much media do you have on your phone? My entire update probably took 20 minutes. But as I said I hardly have any media on my phone. I wouldn't mess with the phone while it's upgrading.

0 Likes
CometMan

I started the update process about 8:45 AM PDT, around 11:30 AM it started "Upgrading Media Database" it's currently 5:10 PM.  I don't have a lot in the way of music (maybe 30 albums). I'm in a strong 4G signal area it doesn't seem like it should take this long.  Fortunately I had my charger with me.  Over 8 hours from the start of this update seems a bit ridiculous and I don't want to brick the phone by doing something ill-advised, but at some point desperate measures may be required.

0 Likes
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I mentioned on another post, I went ahead and did a battery pull. It fixed itself and I'm running on ICS now. I think it should be safe for you to do the same.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted in another post, the update is only supposed to take about 35 mins to download/install, according to Verizon's info.

0 Likes