bionic navigator sends periodic text messages
dversescottnmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

while using the navigator i get a text message every so many mines for the length of use. i cannot get it to stop. tech support has no idea how to fix it!  HELP it says

//VNAV_AND:VZ Navigator;Server update received;N;20396514-1333017982.3282-vnav_android-USA-NAVTEQ;df9e46e136858eaec5da

0 Likes
Re: bionic navigator sends periodic text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dversecottnmd

I'm sorry to hear your getting unwanted messages. I can help. Do you have place messaging set up on the VZ Navigator? If so please remove it. Here's a link to the VZ navigator site: http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_navigator

Please let me know if this helps.
Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ken43026

I get these periodically when using VZ Navigator on my Bionic as well. 

The last message I received was from 900080005003 and read "//VNAV_AND:VZ Navigator;Server update received;N;4086932-1334888300.7667-vnav_android-USA-NAVTEQ;47a5a5b27dffb8f9cd0f"

I went to the website and looked for place messages.  How, exactly, do you disable them?  I have looked on the site and cannot find how to stop it.

As much as I dislike Google Nav, I may start using that if I can't get VZ Nav to stop sending these in route update texts.

0 Likes
BionicMo

Why do you dislike Google Nav?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree, what about Google Navigation you dont like? It has all the feature that retail GPS have and more, and I love how Street View shows the destinations photo before you get to building to help you find correct location..

0 Likes
Ken43026

I just...don't.  I prefer the customization I can do in VZ Nav.  Additionally, using Google Nav is a lot like having someone sitting beside you reading from a map.  I much prefer to be told to "turn left in .5 miles," vs. "turn left now!"

It's just a preference.  Much as I prefer Coke to Pepsi, I just like VZ Nav better.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I use Google Navigation and I get notifications like you report...  It tells me how far until next turn just as you describe.

Oh well back to your issue have you tried removing the sim for a few minutes and place it back in and allow the roaming data to be updated to see if this helped with the error because it appears you are having issues connecting the the server that sends the navigation commands?

0 Likes