bionic charging
phone5
Enthusiast - Level 2
I recieved my bionic yesterday. The battery was 1/2 full. It charges so slow. Today it charged for 4hours and only gained 30% battery life. I have no added apps. I cleared cache and the battery is dead 3-4 hrs after charging all night. Anyone have this problem?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: bionic charging
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

How are you charging it?  With the supplied charger or by connection to the USB port of a computer?

0 Likes
phone5
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am using wall charger from my faulty thunderbolt, verizon keeps exchanging phones. I have had 5 since april...i guess they are prefabs? They told me use same charger?
0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Can you try a different USB cable?

I've had trouble with my old phone where a particular cable makes semi-poor contact where it plugs into the phone and I may get the warning about "insufficient voltage" or something like that.  Then, if I wiggle the cable it's fine.

No idea if this is your problem, but a bad cable/cable-end could be your problem.  Another possibility is that there's something wrong with the Bionic jack that results in poor contact with the USB cable.

0 Likes
phone5
Enthusiast - Level 2
It says it charging? Worked fine with other phone. Idk. Im frustrated as all heck.
0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Might still be worth trying a different cable, if you can get one.

The phone may say it's charging...but the cable -- or the plug at the end of the cable -- could still be faulty.  I've experienced this with a previous phone with a certain cable.

Have you tried charging the phone overnight with it turned off -- all the way off?

0 Likes
phone5
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well I have only had for a day. So no. But will try that. Thanks
0 Likes
B33
Legend

They may have told you to use the same charger but that don't fly with me that mini Plug might be the same in all but the charger that comes with the Bionic is set up specifically to charge it. To were as the T-bolt is for it. So if that was my phone i would get a Charger that is Designed to Charge it. An one other thing Don't ever charge from the Computer always use the box charger. 

Here's the one i use to charge my Droid X an it can also Charge the Bionic You can find this Charger at the Moto Store , Android Central, Droid-life They sell for around  $14.99 Add S&H but it is a good Charger.

Motorola Micro-USB Rapid Travel Charger for Droid Bionic

0 Likes
phone5
Enthusiast - Level 2
I will go get one today and see. Thanks
0 Likes