battery
thereddoc

this phone should not have ever been for sale with a battery that only lasts half a day. Now I have to spend more money on a extended battery, door , and holster. what a piece of garbage.

0 Likes
Re: battery
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
The battery on the incredible isn't any worse than any other smartphone. It's never going to amaze you with it's carey life, but here's some tips to help. Reduce the number of widgets you use, if you're not using them, turn off wifi, bluetooth, and gps, lower your screen brightness (or put it on auto), reduce how often your phone syncs, checks email, updates facebook, etc., don't use live wallpapers, basically reduce what your phone does when you're not actually using it.
0 Likes
Buckwild

It is all in your settings. Shorten your Back light to 1 Minute or less. Any apps that run constantly will drain your battery. I hope this helps you

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

thereddoc wrote:

this phone should not have ever been for sale with a battery that only lasts half a day. Now I have to spend more money on a extended battery, door , and holster. what a piece of garbage.

I am using the 1750mah battery.  I am a lite to moderate user:  a few calls, some text messaging, checking facebook a few times a day, etc.

I have found success with a free app in the Market Place called "Battery Booster."  I set it to turn off WiFi whenever the phone goes to sleep.  I am getting about 2-1/2 to 3 days of user out of a single charge with this battery.

I found that after the 2.2 upgrade, WiFi seemed to consume an enormous amount of memory.  At the time, I was using the 3500mah extended battery which was giving me about 6 days use between charges.  After 2.2, the battery was 60% depleted after 24 hours.

You might give the "Battery Booster" app a go.  It works for me.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i use the stock (1300) battery and took the same steps that demo mentioned (except that i believ i actually leave gps on). i get a full day of awake time and about 2.5 hours of "up" time, which means i can actually be using it (calls, text, browsing, games, etc) for 2.5 hours during the day and still get through a full day on one charge. on days that i use it heavily, then yes, i wont get through the day. but for me, it's pretty rare to actually use it for more than 2-3 hours. (my email only pulls every 15 minutes, the screen is set at about 30% brightness and is still amazing, the screen times out after 15 seconds, turn of synch for news, weather, and stocks....i just tap update when i check my weather widget, i talk to text whenever i can to avoid the "vibrating" typing or you can just disable that all together.....vibrating kills batteries, especially if you type a lot, etc, etc))

0 Likes
izgil

AZSALUKI, in your last sentences are you talking about what's called a haptic feedback when pressing all 4 buttons on the bottom or when typing a text messege? I love this feature. I didn't know it causes a lot of battery drainage...

0 Likes
kknelligan

Where did you get that battery?  Is it an HTC battery?  Thanks.

0 Likes
izgil

Search Amazon.com for Seidio 1750 for Droid Incredible

0 Likes
kknelligan

Ok Thanks!

0 Likes
john129
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ihave had the same problem.  After the 2.2 update Iwas only getting 7-8 hrs of battery life and now takes 4 hrs to charge phone,  I turn off GPS, WI FI and 3g when not in use.  i also manually update emails.  I now get 2 days out of battery.

0 Likes