battery life
JacoHtown

i know people ask everyday about this but i have tryed everything i got the "Advance task killer" app and i turn off my gps and my brightness is at the lowest point. i get rid of all my active widgets like friend strem and facebook. sometimes i even turn off my 3g and my battery still dosent last as long as other android phone that my friends have.

what am i doing wrong or is there somehtin else i can do and im not doing plz help im also new to smartphone/andriod

i love the phone just no loving the battery life

0 Likes
Re: battery life
nytraveller53

How long does it last right now? It should be about 5 hours.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

JacoHtown wrote:

i know people ask everyday about this but i have tryed everything i got the "Advance task killer" app and i turn off my gps and my brightness is at the lowest point. Get rid of the app killer. it kills an app the phone NEEDS to run, the app starts back up, the app killer shuts it down, the app starts back up..... YOU are killing the battery.  get rid of all my active widgets like friend strem and facebook. sometimes i even turn off my 3g and my battery still dosent last as long as other android phone that my friends have.

what am i doing wrong or is there somehtin else i can do and im not doing plz help im also new to smartphone/andriod

What is syncing, how often??? What else are you doing??? Listening to music???

I can get 4-5  hours of active use in a 24hrs... I have 2 weather progams, 7 email addresses that I receive mail the minute it is sent. I let all those programs you dont want to run, to run. I keep GPS on, unless you see the satellite dish in the notification bar, it is not using resources.

Unless you have a constant WiFi connection, shut it down.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also...the htc battery is smaller than some other androids. it came stock with a 1300. i believe some of the others are as much as 25% more powerful. it's a weak battery in general, but i have customized mine to get through a full day with moderate use. i get about 2.5 hours of actual use and the rest of the day on standby.

0 Likes
wsl03
Enthusiast - Level 3

JacoHtown wrote:

i know people ask everyday about this but i have tryed everything i got the "Advance task killer" app and i turn off my gps and my brightness is at the lowest point. i get rid of all my active widgets like friend strem and facebook. sometimes i even turn off my 3g and my battery still dosent last as long as other android phone that my friends have.

If the wifi, 3g mobile network, and gps are turned off and you are not running battery intensive applications there might be something wrong with the battery. Personally, I turn off the 3g and the gps when not in use, my battery will last all day, many times when i get off work I still have a full battery, of course it drains pretty fast when I start using the phone; I like to browse the net and play emulator games so it doesn't last long, I just don't do these if I know I will need my phone all day. If the standard battery isn't enough juice for you, you might want to consider getting the extended life battery. Either way, if your phone is in standby and the 3g and gps and wifi are off and your phone still is dying quickly you probably need to consider getting a replacement battery.

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@JacoHtown, Apart from all the good input already given by others, I am linking to a post of my own personal experience and exact settings that I used to obtain the results. Hope this can help you get a general idea of what you can or cannot control. Also, using ATK to monitor and kill a process that is misbehaving is a good idea, however using it to contantly terminate background apps and services that come with the phone does not do you much good. You are better off leaving anything that's a background service alone (this is especially true for Anrdoid 2.2).

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/After-2-2-this-phone-is-trash/m-p/286838#M12260

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
msaucier72

I had the same problem.  I read a thread and followed these instructions and my battery life increased.  Shut the phone off and plug it in.  Wait until the charging light turns from orange to green.  Unplug the phone for at least a minute and then plug it in again.  The light should be orange now, wait again until it turns green.  Do this three or four times or until it turns green as soon as you plug it in.  I do not know why, but it worked for me.

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

Go to Verizon store, buy the extended battery for 49.99 and delete task killer. It will last all day. HTC makes great phones but poor batteries. Wait till the Thunderbolt comes out with that similar battery on a 4G network that drinks battery life. Ill wait for 4G. Id rather not be a Beta tester.

0 Likes