battery keeps losing full charge fast
inkedup1385

i chare it 100 percent and without n e wifi use or n e use at all it dies in half a day so i have to charge it twice a day and im just useing it to talk...

0 Likes
Re: battery keeps losing full charge fast
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have noticed that most all android phones have poor battery life. However your battery could be a defective battery. You should be able to exchange that battery for another new one. Hopefully that battery will have some improvements. 

0 Likes
MrsBigE

My son has had his phone for awhile and his GF has had her Incredible since it came out. They have saved my phone from the trash several times by helping me along.

The drain on the battery is normal because there are so many apps that can be open. One thing they taught me is to download a program from the market called "Advanced Task Killer." It's free and then you can turn off the apps that you aren't using to save battery life.

They also said that you can help yourself by going through all the settings and makig sure you set everything to shut off in the shortest amount of time that you can tolerate and even after doing the task killer and settings you will still have to get extra chargers for car, home and purse then charge anytime you can get to a plug.

I wonder if the Iphone users have this same problem?

0 Likes
jobiwon

^ No when I had an iPhone the battery would last like 3x as much as my Droid 2, but I think that is the only thing it has on the droid imo

0 Likes
phathands

Had the same problem when I first got mine. Love the phone, but charged it to 100% at 4 P, then played with it moderately, and it was down to 15% by 10 P. 

What everyone tells you is to get the Task Killer as mentioned in the other answer. I did this and still had issues. What they don't tell you, which has really helped my battery and saved me from returning the phone is this: in the task killer screen (where it lists all the programs running), it the bottom left key w/ the four boxes and go to settings. 

From there, make sure auto start is checked, 
Set AutoKill to "crazy"
Set Autokill frequency to "when screen off" or "every 30 minutes". 
Set security level to "low". 

This will ensure that all the motorola bloatware (which is what was killing my phone) gets shut off. Back in the running program menu of task killer, touch and hold on the task killer program itself, and choose to "ignore" it. Do the same for texts, emails, facebook, alarm, or any others you don't want shut off.   The more you ignore, the more programs will drain the battery.  

This has seriously helped my battery life. Regardless, Verizon told me there is a one year warranty on the battery, so start making some phone calls if it is still a problem. However you should expect to charge your phone about every night with any modern smart phone device. 

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery life isn't as good as my D1....I followed the manufacturer's instructions for conditioning the battery and it is down to 30% by 4:00 PM or so, with no Bluetooth and Wifi used sparingly. Hope it gets better. The phone seems to open 10-15 apps whenever I turn it on. I'm constantly killing apps, even though I use the Advanced Task Killer.

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I just changed my ATK settings and shut off a bunch of Motorola programs I didn't even know were running.

0 Likes
Da_Darqueness

you must downloadan app called application killer. it will turned off all apps depending on how you set it up.   the more apps you run the faster the battery dies.

0 Likes
MPhotox2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turn the screen brightness down as much as you can such that you can still see it. The screen is the biggest battery killer by far. Go to Settings>Battery Manager, and touch the battery icon. It should give you a graph of what has been using the most power. Also if you are not using the Motorola social networking widgets, remove them from the home screen.

Personally I don't like task killers, you can actually end up draining the battery faster by using one. The system restarts some applications automatically, so you waste more battery when it continuously kills then restarts an application.

0 Likes
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, after changing the ATK setting to medium security setting, my battery life increased drastically. Yesterday I took it off he charger at 8AM and by 4PM it was down to 40%. This morning I took it off the charger at 8AM and as I'm writing this at 4:23PM the battery is sitting at 80%.

0 Likes