battery gets HOT
mom2irishtwins

This has been happening to me over the last month or so.  I will go to charge my phone or takemy phone off the charger and droid is HOT to the the touch.  I have to take it apart and take the battery out to let it cool down.  Does this happen to anyone else? is there something I can do? if anyone can please help that wouldbe wonderful

0 Likes
Re: battery gets HOT
justme12345

Probably a defective battery - I had one like that one time, and that was the problem.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah...take it in and demand a new battery.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just to add in, the battery is covered by warranty.

0 Likes
y2julio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has only been getting hot ever since I got the Froyo update.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you  go to MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>BATTERY, is your, 'Up Time' and, 'Awake' time the same or very close?

If so, there is a power hungry app running that maybe should not be.

0 Likes
y2julio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, my uptime is always higher than my active time.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

y2julio wrote:

Nope, my uptime is always higher than my active time.

Well, that killed my theory! I do know if I have my phone charging on my laptop and I am using the phone, the battery tends to get hot. 44C HOT (111F)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mine had never been more than what i would describe as "a bit warm." never "hot." and it only gets warm when i've been using it for an hour or so continously (especially if it's plugged in).

0 Likes
PamBot

The same thing happened to me after the update.  Took it to the store and they immediately ordered a new one for me - no charges at all including shipping.

0 Likes