battery can't hold
Christine222

hi. I have the HTC Incredible since the fall and it is about the 2 or 3rd replacement.

I  bought an ultra slim extended battery for the phone, but with the new battery the phone was crashing all the time so I had to go back to the battery the phone came with.

It can't hold a charge for nothing, it doesn't always update the weather correclty and sometimes the GPS is not accurate.

I don't get my push notificaitons unless I open Facebook.

Any recommedations?

0 Likes
Re: battery can't hold
AZSALUKI
Legend

Christine222 wrote:

hi. I have the HTC Incredible since the fall and it is about the 2 or 3rd replacement.

I  bought an ultra slim extended battery for the phone, but with the new battery the phone was crashing all the time so I had to go back to the battery the phone came with.

It can't hold a charge for nothing, it doesn't always update the weather correclty and sometimes the GPS is not accurate. HTC's have notoriously poor battery life, but if you keyword search this forum you will find many tips on how you can get more life from it. the only other suggestion i would have would be to get the siedo 2300mah (or 2250??) with the fat back door, if you want to go a couple days on one charge. the 1750 just isn't that much more juice than the stock battery.

I don't get my push notificaitons unless I open Facebook. the facebook app is AWFUL.....no matter what android you use.

Any recommedations?

0 Likes
Christine222

thanks for your suggestion. I have the avanced tast killer  that is set to crazy and every 1/2 hour.

I bought the siedo extended battery 1750 which did nothing, but cause my a phone to crash all the time so I had to go back to the one the phone came with,

I am afraid to buy the siedo extended battery with fat back door. What if it  does the same thing as the 1750 and crash my phone all the time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it shouldn't (but neither should the one you already bought)??? i happen to by near a charger all the time so it doesn't bother me much....but these things get bad battery life.

0 Likes
izgilm

1. Uninstall advanced task killer

2. Get the HTC 2150 Extended Battery. It's awesome! The backdoor isn't too big and it actually makes it better and safer (for the phone) to hold it in your hand.

I've been using Seidio's 1750 for about 8 months and a few days ago I said to myself enough swapping up the batteries every day.

People online are suggesting to do 4-5 full charging cycles for the 2150 battery to fully work but after the 2nd full charge (by full charge I mean draining the battery until the phone turns off due to dead battery and once you recharge it to 100% turn the phone off and wait til it gets charged fully. It's called bump charging) it's already working great. I get more than 10-12 hours of moderate use before the battery goes below 20%.

0 Likes