assurion
RonAnderson
This I just found out, after being a vzw customer for 13 years. It has been told to me just now, I have since discontinued and will never pay for it again.

If your phones manufacturers warranty is over and done for, and your phone takes a dump and just stops working, as long as you haven't done anything to it, your SOL if you think insurance is going to cover it. Insurance will not cover it if you had nothing to do with the phones problem.
0 Likes
Re: assurion
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Asurion Coverage by itself does not cover malfunction.  It seems you need the Total Equipment Coverage or Verizon Extended Warranty for device problems.   http://support.vzw.com/clc/features/calling_features/equipment_protection.html

0 Likes
RonAnderson
After 13 years I was just told that. The extended warranty, at this time, is part tec plan.

The sad thing is that the store reps will not tell you that. So they let you go thinking your alright, then its not what you were told it is.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon's "customer service" is horrible.  Apparently because they are not regulated by the FCC or my state commission, they just run amok.  The phone support people are (usually) really nice but they can't change company policy.  I learned the hard way that you HAVE to get everything and anything they tell you in writing.  No customer should have to go through the pages and pages of documentation to find out what the warranty, etc. is - or isn't.  And yes, the sales people do not always tell the truth.

Imagine if you stood at the counter and tied up a sales person while you read the ENTIRE receipt that they give you and then read the warranty policy before you left the store - so you could cancel the order.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I don't want government intervention. Do your part and read the contract. You are covered if you lose your phone.. so just tell them you lost your phone. Asurian will give you something similar.

joanie824
Enthusiast - Level 1

I so agree, you can call verizone 6 times i a row and every time you get a CSR you get a different story.  I ordered 2 droids and 2 free phones for my kids, I took insurance out on all 4 lines, my droid all of a sudden after 2 months starting dropping calls, not ringing or notiiying you if you got a message, etc, so I called assurion (another incompitent outfit) and filed a claim on line, and after going through the whole process, they immediatly told me there was no insurance on my droid.  I called them and said there hs to be a mistake, why would i buy 4 phones, (2) which at full prices are over 1000.00 and not take insurance out onjust one droid, she was so argumentive that if I could have jumped through the phone i would have choked her.  I said I know I ordered the insurance, but they just close their chat window and more or less tell you *&^**(( off, you have no insurance.  So then I go back to the wonderful CS department who again i explained the story, and she of course apologized, and said well you do qualify for the certified pre-owned program and can get a replacement phone, so she started going through the list of what she had availavle. All they have are really out of date phones that no one wants.  I said well if you show on the "shop" website you cand get a certified pre-owned droid, why are you telling me you don't have it.  She said well the inventory changes everyday.  I was so mad.  So I said well then I'll use my husband's droid and give him a cheapo phone and put a claim in on his phone since he apparently has insurance.  The lady said that is  insurance fraud, I said and you people are retartded.  You can get the same story twice from anyone at verizon,  I said well I need a phone and I can't afford to pay 519.00 for a replaement phone for the droid, and i only have it two months.  The CSR wanted to do system check from her end and udate the phone and I said knock yourself out.  So after sittingonthe phone for almost 2hours, she said Im sorry but I cannot do anything wth your phone.  I said didn't i tell you that almost two hours ago, she said well we have to follow trouble shootig cals, etc. ketc.....then this CSR rep suggested rather then pay the 350.00 early termination fee, since I can't use the phone and ( i must have for my job, since my company pays my cell phone bill) she said why don't you just add an additional line, it would work out cheaper then terminating this number and I get offer you the motorola blur phon which is on special for free.  I was getting desparateand said fine, send it. So two days later comes the motoblur phone, well it was the biggest piece of crap i ever witnessed.  As soon as I turned the phone one and started intstalling free apps like the droid, the phone froze, shut the phone off, took the battery out, you name it i did it.  So, i called Verizon baack and lost my mind, told them to cancel that ne line the phone is the biggest piece of *&^%*I on the market, i said now wonder why its free, its junk.  So now we are back to square one.  After telling another CSR the story she said I can offcer you an LG pre certified ALLY for 9.99, ok, fine send it, do something, have to have a phone.  They send me another motorazor blur, URGHHHHH at this point i was going to drive to the headquarters and start throwing all thephones thruogh the window,. So I sent that phone back cause it wasn't even what i ordered. Then went to wirefly,com and ordered a new line of service and was sup-pose to get teh droid (brand new) fore free, was the special of the day.  They have the order on hold now saying something about a passcode, i talked to wirefly numerous time, told me the phone was ready t ship,. check theorder status last night, and voila....no phone.    All I can say is that Verizon CSR reps suck, have no clue what they are talking about, and then I get my bill and it was 1000.00./  so bck on the phone again, and finally spoke to someone who sounded a little compassionate and said let me look into the accout.  He said I don't know how this happened but I will fix it for you.  He said I do see when yo ordered all the phones you purchaseds the nationwide unlimited everying plan, which i agreed with him and then i told him that they said my bill would be aproximately 300.00 a month for the 4 phones, great, that's what i was paying with AT&T who I have never regreted more switchiing from AT&T to verizon, everyone said oh verizion is great, blah blah blah, so since my contract was up with AT&T I said I'll try it cause I likd the droid phones. My bill was always approx 300.00 a month for4 phnes with AT&T.  The kids phones are blocked from every app available except for calls and the unlimited tex, cause that's all kids do anyway.  So he looks at the bill and says someone changed your plant from unlimited to 2000 minutes, i said whell that's no my doing nor is it my fault, and due to the nature of my job i would have NEVER taken a phone plant with 2000 minites, i could use 2000 minutes in 10 days!  So being that somehow it got switched, (verizon probably saw how many minute were used and changed the plan and figured ummmmm we can make some money here), so the bill comes and shows my husband went over the family share minute by 1400 minues, and thekids and a couple of 100 minutes each which brought the 2000 minutes plant way over the limit, like a 1000 worth.....said no, would cancel the whold **bleep** contract, and then file bankruptcy, not paying it, didn't order it, you people are sick.  Well the man agreed it was their error and adjusted the bill and took all the overage minuts off and changed the plan back to the original unlimited, so now the bill was 341, ok, i can handle that.  But we are still at the point, my droid is broke and keeps dropping calls, doesn't ring, only when it wnts to, so now my husband gives me his droid to use and had verizon switch my number to his phone and he is using an old phone we found inthe house for now.  Assurion is sending a new phone monday for 89.00. This should be good now on Monday, getting my number activated on his phone, so ifyou read about some wacko who went postal in the verizon store, you'll know its me!   MY ADVICE.......stay clear from verizon!  If I wasn't locked into this contract with verizon I would be back withAT&T in a hearbeat.  Just venting, have a great day everyonee!

nascrnanna88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen sister I am right with ya I'm sick of over-priced an crappy customer service...!!!!!!!!!!!!