anyone know how to cancel the screen lock password on home screen
amy7119

I would love to get rid of my screen lock password on my Droid Incredible 2 anyone know how to do this? I am sick of having to unlock this just to check email, etc. 

Thanks, 

Amy7119

0 Likes
Re: anyone know how to cancel the screen lock password on home screen
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@amy7119, go to menu->settings->security. Enter your password to get in the menu. Then tap "Set up screen lock" and tap None.

To actually change the screen lock to None, you may have to provide your current password one last time!

Hope this helps!

acord7119

I have to enter the screen lock password when I first try to use the phone but I dont see this, "go to menu->settings->security. Enter your password to get in the menu. Then tap "Set up screen lock" and tap None".

I go into settings -> security -> and then the only thing close I find is change screen lock but there is no None, in there.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@acord7119, I just tried it out on my Incredible. If you have a lock screen setup, when you go to menu->settings->security, you will see an option "Change Lock Screen". Tap on it and enter your password or pattern. Once you do this, you should now see the "None" option to disable your lock screen.

0 Likes
amy7119

Just a quick FYI the None you speak of is grayed out on my phone for whatever reason. I am not allowed to delete my screen lock password when I do the above. I think I may have to call Verizon and get them to cancel the screen lock. I had to do that with my old Droid. Thanks for the help though. Smiley Happy

acord7119

0 Likes