anti virus program
nbbforrest

has anyone installed a anti virus  program on the DX. I just got mine three days ago and have already installed the "AVG" program for mobile phones. I  use AVG on all my other pc's and have had great success. I guess it is better to be prepared than to bd caught with your pants or skirt down. Just my two cents worth.

0 Likes
Re: anti virus program
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I run LOOKOUT   ... the FREE version works very well. I've been running it since I first got my DROID X with no issues. Can't speak to AVG though.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody21 wrote:

I run LOOKOUT   ... the FREE version works very well. I've been running it since I first got my DROID X with no issues. Can't speak to AVG though.

+1 for Lookout....

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I use LOOKOUT as well. It works quietly in the background and I'm very happy with it. In a humorous aside:

When I started using LOOKOUT last year, an employee at a Verizon Flagship store here in Scottsdale said that they had just received a tech bulletin from Verizon saying the program interfered with some other apps and to erase it and do a factory reset on my phone to totally eradicate it.....the phone ended up being replaced, anyway, for other reasons.  I found it interesting that the clown at the Verizon Flagship Store told me that load of crap, when a Tech at Verizon later said he was not aware of any bulletin's Verizon had issued concerning Lookout.

I discovered later that LOOKOUT was one of the best anti virus programs out there. It doesn't seem to slow my phone at all and I get an email every week from LOOKOUT with up to date notifications on the security of my phone. I highly recommend it!

0 Likes
furyzin

Webroot

0 Likes
artj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another using LOOKOUT...works well and stays in the background...I would imagine with all the news this week there will many additional vendor choices shortly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have used AVG on one of my phones. I have to say it was pretty good for the three weeks I had the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes