answering calls
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

How come, when I get a phone call, (usually when my husband calls me) the phone says slide down to answer (unlock), my phone will not unlock. I try and try again, and it doesn't work. When I hit menu instead of sliding, it says mute or ignore (or something of that nature). How can I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: answering calls
AZSALUKI
Legend

what kind of screen protector are you using? i've seen a few that don't play nice with the "touch." when it's not a call (like when you just want to unlock and use the phone) do you have any issues?

0 Likes
wahine
I had that problem (ALSO with calls from my husband!) at first, but it straightened itself out after a couple days. May just have been a kink in the new phone.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Another issue with this phone is a grounding issue. When its not held in a hand the screen response is jumpy. Touch becomes intermittent with the screen. Try holding the phone in hand tightly and see if it improves.
0 Likes
hdsnprry
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just added this screen protector and I'm having The same problem with answering my phone... does the S.P. save that much on scratches? By the way I got the s.p. at Verizon store.
0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I get the same thing occasionally. Definitely an annoying glitch, especially when it's a call that you really need to take. I've heard about the grouding issue, but I'm not sure how it can be that since the back is plastic and the front is painted metal. Then again, I'm no electrical engineer either.

I guess I've just learned to live with it and chalked it up to one of the issues that the phone has. I think pretty much every phone has at least one thing like that that will just perturb you to no end. :smileywink:

0 Likes
wahine
I installed No Lock from the Market (free) and the problem is solved. Smiley Happy
0 Likes