Re: Yahoo mail suddenly not working
ChrisKeene

Thanks for your post. I had the same problem and followed your advice. I now have mail back on my phone. Only thing is..it goes to all my folders first and then I have to select InBox instead of going straight to the inbox. But at least I can get my mail.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I realize how important it is to be able to receive your email on your device. One thing I have seen for some people with this problem is deleting the email, and re-adding it as an Email account instead of a Yahoo account. The phone will still recognize the email server information. You can also manually add the settings for the Yahoo account. Here are the server settings:

incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

port: 143

outgoing server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

port: 587 

0 Likes
Espresso

Great! Worked for me! Thanks, MarquiaF!

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Got an email from Yahoo yesterday. It appears that POP service (the way the HTC Mail app was pre-configured for Yahoo will be a paid service @ $19.99 a year (Yahoo Mail +). Reconfiguring the app for Imap as per previous vzw csr's instructions does work, as I got all my 'missing" emails by reconfiguring.

Just note the crucial difference between POP and IMAP, this being that under POP, COPIES of your emails would be PULLED (downloaded) as per the synching schedule (15 minutes, 1 hour, whatever) and if auto-deleted on the phone, the originals remained in your inbox on yahoo's servers. Under IMAP, if emails are deleted, they are also deleted from your inbox (sent to the Trash).

Also, the YahooMail app PUSHES notifications upon email reciept, instead of periodic email checks as the HTC Android mail app does.

0 Likes
Michka

Thank you it has been two weeks, no Yahoo mail on my htc incredible 2. Turned off wifi and did a hard reset and instantly it all came in.  Went to Verizon store and they did factor reset and nothing... lost so much stuff.   Having so many issues with htc incredible 2 I am thinking of retiring it. During my black out time thank goodness I have iPad and another carrier!!!

0 Likes
latrivi

found this on yahoo and solved the problem

Description

This article explains how to configure your mobile device to use Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP).

Resolution

To set up Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) on your mobile device, please use the following settings:

• Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  • User name: full email address (for example, bill@yahoo.com or bill@rocketmail.com)
  • Password: the password you log in to Yahoo! with.

Note: If your Yahoo! Mail address does not match your Yahoo! ID, you will need to use the beginning of your Yahoo! Mail address when you set up your client. For example, if your Yahoo! Mail address is "jim@yahoo.com", but your Yahoo! ID is "james", you will need to use "jim" as your user name when setting up the IMAP client.

If you are having trouble setting up IMAP on your mobile device, we would recommend reviewing your phones instruction manual or contacting your mobile provider.

0 Likes