Yahoo mail suddenly not working
Milos_Mommy
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am no longer receiving my Yahoo mail as of several days ago. I changed nothing on my phone settings wise, it just quit. I have tried doing a hard reboot & also deleting the acoount & re-adding it with no success. Please help!!!
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Yahoo mail suddenly not working
Not applicable

I realize how important it is to be able to receive your email on your device. One thing I have seen for some people with this problem is deleting the email, and re-adding it as an Email account instead of a Yahoo account. The phone will still recognize the email server information. You can also manually add the settings for the Yahoo account. Here are the server settings:

incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

port: 143

outgoing server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

port: 587 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Yahoo mail didn't like WIFI being on when I had a Droid Increidble Try turning off WIFI and see if that helps...

Mke

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There have been similar reports by other users in this community particularly the Droid X forum. Something about server changes on Yahoo's end of the connection. Try a search and see if there are any workarounds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Espresso
I'm having the same problem but with only one of my two Yahoo accounts. One is working fine, the other's not syncing. I deleted the account and added it again and it only downloaded the same handful of messages up to the 18th of June. Nothing since then. Strange that the other account is working just fine.
0 Likes
Milos_Mommy
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have deleted my account & re-added it, turned off my Wi-fi with no success. I looked at other posts & some have been resolved. The ones that have been resolved said it just started working. Not very helpful for those who still need help!!
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Stopped getting Yahoo mail on my D Inc as of last Thursday night. Failed to get my Verizon bill-ready notice, or the thank you for payment response lol. Found them both on log-in from a PC. My guess is authentication server issues. It happened on my old Moto Q (Windows Mobile) a few times over the course of 2 years I used it too so I'm not too concerned about it as authentication should return soon. I believe they are implementing a new mail system, hope authentication doesn't break the standard mail apps.

0 Likes
Milos_Mommy
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, I nor,ally wouldn't **bleep** so loudly but I'm trying to run a business here & I use Yahoo as my email. Very inconvenient. Verizon should at the very least send out an email (ha) and let us know the problem is them,not us.
0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Well, as a work around you can of course log into the website from the browser on the phone and manually check it that way (not quite as convienient or timely as automatic push-synching) but at least you can access it. Yahoo also sppears to have a dedicated mail app you can download from their site, maybe you can try that and see if it works.

At lest it's nice to know it's a yahoo issue and not the phone. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Espresso
I've been using the Yahoo app today and it isn't bad. Downside is that it is one more place to have to check mail and it takes an additional step to delete messages. I agree, at least it isn't the phone.
0 Likes
Billygoat

I had the same problem. I stopped receiving new mails to my account last week. Then, I couldn't even log on to Yahoo on my phone. Today I upgraded Yahoo mail (per an email they sent last month). Then, on my phone, I deleted my Yahoo mail and added the new version. Now I can finally read my Yahoo email on my phone again.

0 Likes