Would you trade your Bionic for a Droid Razr?
mlknez
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Motorola/Verizon finally figured out that they angered users by bringing out an improved phone (Razr) over their heavily hyped  and heavily flawed flagship phone (Bionic) just outside of the return period, would you consider returning your Bionic for a free Razr?

0 Likes
Re: Would you trade your Bionic for a Droid Razr?
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know, probably not. Getting a new Motorola phone is painful.

Joey

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

First off I don't find the Bionic 'heavily flawed' at all, especially coming from a Samsung Charge....that's a 'heavily flawed' phone IMO. So your argument is a non-starter for this discussion in that it's your opinion.

As to the Bionic vs the Razr:

My only concern is battery life. I believe the power output of the Razr battery is only the equal of the extended battery in the Bionic.

The other thing that makes absolutely no sense to me is the battery consumption of the OLED display.  They say these displays consume LESS power than the standard LCD display, yet my experience is exactly the reverse.

My Samsung Charge always showed the OLED display as consuming the most power of anything on the phone...by far! Typically I'd see about 70-80% of battery life taken up by the OLED display.

Yet my Motorola Bionic typically shows about 10% of power being consumed by the display...exactly the reverse of what they say.

So that's why I'm concerned about Razr battery life...especially since you can't replace the sealed battery!

0 Likes
Not applicable
How do you know the Razr won't have as many or more problems than the Bionic?
0 Likes
Murat

You don't, but seriously, it can't be bad as the Bionic.

My theory is that they learned about all their screw ups with the Bionic and they'll fix it on RAZR and then release it.  The ones who bought the abomination has to deal with it, I'm not so sure that some of the issues on the Bionic can be fixed with a software update.

0 Likes
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should go back to the Blackberry if you really think it is so much better.  I have not had any data loss problems with the Bionic and think it is a very solid phone.  I would not trade it for a Razr. 

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well right now I would trade the BIONIC for something that works. The data loss problem is getting very old. Needed to read a document yesterday while on the phone in 4g area and lost everything. No phone, no data just a brick in my hand. So as for trading it in I would if something else worked. When it works its fine. It seems when I really need that DATA connection for work it fails. More than 60% of the people with this phone having problems of all types.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I still maintain you should never buy a phone as soon as it's released. Give it a while to find out if it's all it's hyped to be and/or if it's full of bugs. It's the same reason they say never buy a new model car the first year after introduction. I would wait 3 months or so before buying a new phone. I'm sure someone will say, "yea but another new phone will be out by then." Who cares? You don't need every new phone that comes out. I'm still loving my original Motorola Droid with zero problems.
0 Likes
razz1

i would not trade my bionic for the razr because it is a motorola phone. no more moto for me! going with samsung for now on. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

razz1 wrote:

going with samsung for now on. 

Unless it's a Nexus, that's probably not a smart decision.
0 Likes