With phone arriving today any tips on how to migrate/activate ?
VZHawaii

My Incredible arrives today.  After charging the phone what are the best procedures for migrating and activating the new phone.

I am moving from a Win Mobile xv6800.  Should I activate the new phone then migrate the data or is it better to migrate first?

Any other first usage tips would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: With phone arriving today any tips on how to migrate/activate ?
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try doing the VZW backup first on old phone. Then, activate new phone and import the backup.

0 Likes
Re: With phone arriving today any tips on how to migrate/activate ?
VZHawaii

What is VZW backup.  Is that available for Windows Mobile phones ?

I use Sprite Backup to secure my data.

Honestly I think I will transder most of my data through outlook sync.  Contacts, Calendar are in outlook.  I hear the DINC has a outlook sync app.  So I plan to simply sync my mobile to outlook, then sync the new phone to outlook.

I also have excel spreadsheets on my phone, they are synced to my computer's directory so I figure there must be an easy way to load them onto the droid.

Other than that my biggest data issue on the phone will be an eWallet app I use which does not exist for driod.  SPB Wallet.   for now I will most likely transfer the data to a csv or something and either import into another eWallet or find another way to secure the data on the phone.  Any suggestions here would be helpful.

0 Likes