Wifi connections
Emmy0277

I'm having trouble connecting to certain Wifi spots.... specifically at work.

Does anyone else have problems? Is there anyway to get a stronger signal using phone settings?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi connections
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this Emmy0277! There is no setting to receive a stronger signal to connect to a specific wifi connection. We can look into additional options to successfully connecting to your work wifi. Are you receiving an error message when you attempt to add the work wifi? Are there other devices near that are able to connect? Have you tried working with your IT department and adding the connection manually by following here http://vz.to/1ezfHl9 ? Please share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Wifi connections
mlo66212

I had the same problem with my note 3.  It would connect at work but not at home. My other devices did, I worked on this and got madder and madder.   Looked all over the internet, adjusted router, etrc., nothing! Finally went into the store and confronted them with my problem! Told the individual about this forum and how bad they were gettjng trashed! He said he was very familiar with networks and it couldn't be the phone to which I responded $%#@*(&), I think you get the picture.

Anyway, called my ISP technical dept. and they informed me they provided wireless routers free, remember, the Verizon individual said it could be the router I had, it was and my phone has hooked up to wireless, no longer getting Authentication error and it is working! It's only been for a couple hours, but it's looking good!

Oh, by the way, same router, Netgear N600 but instead of V 3700 it V 3800.

John, I again apologize! Verizon you are getting trashed big time, you're responses have been lame, hopefully you will see this and respond.. I've been a Verizon user for 10 years and really wanted this phone to work.

0 Likes