WiFi question
Roca1202

I am new to the Droid phenom and was able to get the Droid X on the first day. My question is, am I able to turn on the WiFi and use my wireless router from my home? I was told that it would cost extra. I do not plan to do anything tethering and wanted to make sure that I would not get charge out the butt. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi question
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Using your broadband connection from a wireless router with wifi on your Droid X is free.  Using the mobile hotspot feature to allow other devices to share internet from your Droid X is what costs extra.

0 Likes
Roca1202

OK. I just wanted to make sure that if I turn on the WiFi on the Droid X that I will not be charge extra for data usage. I am on the unlimited plan right now for date usage. I do not plan to use my device as a mobile hotsopt so other computers can use the device's connection. So I am good to turn it on then?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah you're good.  Using your home internet connection instead of Verizon's 3G is fine.  Heck, you could not even have the phone activated on an account and still use it with wifi. 

0 Likes
hilltop67
Enthusiast - Level 3

well PJNC your almost correct you could use it for alot except umm making phone calls!!!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thats not totally true hilltop67, a person can use Skype Mobile over wifi to make calls..:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes