Why won't my ringtones work?
rodbreaker

downloaded ringdroid made ringtone set it as ringtone for contact and it say the name but the song want play it just makes a bong sound no music any help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cant get rigtones to work
Not applicable

This is going to be a guess.

I have found on my wife's droid, not your device make but this may be the fix. I found in the contacts even after assigning the ringtone it played the system default tone. I had to physically go into her ringtone or music folder and make sure the default ringtone was blank (no ringtone) went back to her contacts and selected the song that was created as a ringtone and all works great.

Amazingly after I went into her sound folder and chose a custom ringtone it worked beautifully. The custom tones I made were now all available.

This may work for you.

Another thing you can do is send the ringtone to your device via text messaging, long press it. Save as ringtone and see if that helps.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cant get rigtones to work
Not applicable

This is going to be a guess.

I have found on my wife's droid, not your device make but this may be the fix. I found in the contacts even after assigning the ringtone it played the system default tone. I had to physically go into her ringtone or music folder and make sure the default ringtone was blank (no ringtone) went back to her contacts and selected the song that was created as a ringtone and all works great.

Amazingly after I went into her sound folder and chose a custom ringtone it worked beautifully. The custom tones I made were now all available.

This may work for you.

Another thing you can do is send the ringtone to your device via text messaging, long press it. Save as ringtone and see if that helps.

Good Luck

0 Likes