Why won't my droid charge recognize Hotmail?
Montesrule

My droid charge won't recognize Hotmail. I keep getting sign in error messages. It works fine on my other email account but not Hotmail. I can access Hotmail from the browser but not from the on screen icon. I can access Hotmail from my home computer. I have been getting constant "update password" message every time I try to log in, but it still doesn't work. These messages started about a month ago but did work after re-entering password, now it doesn't. Is there a fix for this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My droid charge won't recognize Hotmail
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I found out my email app was being discontinued on March 1, I got busy looking for another. Well, it was actually a blessing because I switched to K-9 Mail and I wish I'd done it sooner. I love it and I think you will, too. I constantly had problems with one of my accounts showing emails and then poof! they would disappear for no reason. K-9 Mail has solved this issue! I am happy, happy, happy! Smiley Happy

One caveat - I was disappointed to see a notice when I setup my first account (a Hotmail account) that said "Hotmail accounts may not be supported" (or something to that effect). I tried setting up my account anyway and it worked just fine. I have had no problems at all with any of my accounts.

Hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Montesrule lets make certain that you stay connected on the go! In effort to fix this issue, I would recommend removing/adding the email account to the device. For the step by step directions, please visit http://vz.to/1dT49ck
To re-add the account, please visit http://vz.to/1jTRAFX . Instead of following the steps for Hotmail, please select Other as the email type when re-adding.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I found out my email app was being discontinued on March 1, I got busy looking for another. Well, it was actually a blessing because I switched to K-9 Mail and I wish I'd done it sooner. I love it and I think you will, too. I constantly had problems with one of my accounts showing emails and then poof! they would disappear for no reason. K-9 Mail has solved this issue! I am happy, happy, happy! Smiley Happy

One caveat - I was disappointed to see a notice when I setup my first account (a Hotmail account) that said "Hotmail accounts may not be supported" (or something to that effect). I tried setting up my account anyway and it worked just fine. I have had no problems at all with any of my accounts.

Hope this works for you!

0 Likes