Why is my droid not charging?
a_stace

About 4 months ago or so my Incredible 2 wouldn't fully charge, it would only go to 50% then started getting less and less until it would barely have any battery power. Some strange screen showed up one day and wouldn't go away, I took it into a store where they lady took out the battery to get rid of the screen and after that my phone wouldn't turn on at all. They ordered me a new one which I got in a day or so and had no issues until now. I plugged my phone in about 2 days ago and it can up with a screen saying "Adapter power not giving device enough power for battery consumption, please connect to AC adapter." Except I'm on an AC adapter. If it's charging and I'm using it, it will go down in power. Say it's at 5 percent and I start using it to write a text, normally before I finish my text it will turn off while it's still plug in. It took a full 24 hours to get it to 100% where I just left it plugged in because I did not need to use it. I can back a couple hours later and it was a 32% and declining with no one using it. I'm really getting sick of this phone. It won't even turn on or charge today. Any advice of what to do next? Because I really don't want to get a new Incredible 2 for the same issue to happen...

0 Likes
Re: Why is my droid not charging?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like it could be the charger going bad; have you got another one you could try?

0 Likes
a_stace

I've tried 4 different chargers all the same story /:

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there a_stace!

I am very sorry to hear that you're having such trouble with your phone! I hear your frustration! I would like to take a look at options for your phone. I have followed you, can you please follow back and then Direct Message me your mobile number? We can look into what can be done. Have you seen any damage to the charging port at all? Any water damage to the phone/battery? Send us some details. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
a_stace

I was actually give a certified like new replacement for it so for now the problem is gone and hopeful will not happen again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! I'm happy everything seems to be resolved.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes