Why am I having trouble receiving incoming calls and texts?
SGrey24

Hello, I am able to send outgoing texts and phone calls but I am not receiving them. Those trying to contact me have told me that their calls go straight to voicemail. I do have service and I have tried restarting my phone several times, which has not seemed to help. Does anyone have any suggestions for this fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble receiving incoming calls and texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SGrey24 I appreciate you getting in touch with us about this. There have been som recent changes north of the border. Let's check your phone settings to make sure you are connected with the network in your area. Please follow these steps to manually choose the network in your area to use:

Navigate to Settings=> Wireless & Networks =>More

Select Mobile networks=>Network Mode, and turn GSM/UMTS on

Select Network operators on the Mobile network settings page

Select Telus or Bell UMTS (or equivalent) network from the list of available networks

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SGrey24, That sounds odd. Let's work toward a resolution for you. Does this only happen in a specific location (home, work)? Provide the zip code. What's the make/model of your phone? Decribe any recent changes to your phone (software/application updates).
TrinetteW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SGrey24

I have a US-Canadian plan and live on Vancouver Island in BC. I have a

DROID MINI and have had trouble receiving texts since Saturday evening

(March 26th). It does not seem to be in a certain location. I have been

sending texts and people have told me they have received mine but I don't

receive their replies. Similarly, I can make outgoing calls but when people

try to call me it goes straight to voicemail and never rings even though it

is on and not on silent. My phone automatically updates software changes to

all apps etc. so I'm not sure if there was a recent software change that

could have affected this.

Please let me know if there are suggestions to try to trouble shoot the

issue.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SGrey24 I appreciate you getting in touch with us about this. There have been som recent changes north of the border. Let's check your phone settings to make sure you are connected with the network in your area. Please follow these steps to manually choose the network in your area to use:

Navigate to Settings=> Wireless & Networks =>More

Select Mobile networks=>Network Mode, and turn GSM/UMTS on

Select Network operators on the Mobile network settings page

Select Telus or Bell UMTS (or equivalent) network from the list of available networks

BryanS_VZW

0 Likes